1.    #1  
    I just got my 650 and i was playing around with it. I enabled the keyguard by pressing option and On/Off (red button) but i can't get it out of the keyguard. I pressed the center button but nothing works. Only thing that works is soft reset. Help?!
    Are you using Butler or any other application that modifies the standard keyguard?

Try a warm reset (press the Up on the 4-way while the reset happens) and then run Preferences to disable keyguard.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    No. I don't have any other software installs. just the ones that come with it. I still haven't figured it out. help!
    You have to press the center button (the one above the keyboard in the center of the ring with arrows) within a few seconds. Are you pressing it fast enough?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  5.    #5  
    ohhh. i had no idea. then how do i lock the keypad and screen so that i can leave it in my pocket? is there a software that i can use so i can get back to using the phone?
  6.    #7  
    i'm so frustrated. the phone locks up after about 5 minutes or so without even putting it in the keyguard mode. I tried a hard reset and still didn't work. I've had the phone for about 5 hours now. I can make calls and use the phone without getting the phone locked up. It's just leaving it alone that causes the locks. any help?!
    Do a hard reset (not warm, but hard reset .. by keeping the red button pressed during a reset). DO NOT Hotsync. The phone should still function, but the Treo will be in the "factory condition"

Now describe the behavior. Does the keyguard work as expected? You have to press any of the 4 buttons (green phone button, calendar, mail, red phone button) and the center button within a second to wake up the Treo.

If the behavior is flaky after a hard reset (and no Hotsync) then it is a problem with hardware.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  8.    #9  
    ok here it goes. It goes to sleep and after about 5 minutes. The LED still blinks but i try calling the phone and it doesn't respond. The phone on the other end rings 5 times so the network seems to think that the phone is still on. The LED is still blinking and i tried one of the 4 buttons and the center key but nothing happens. I've tried the hard reset where i get everything into factor settings and all. Any thing you can think of?
    Does the screen light up after you press one of the 4 hard-buttons? If not, looks like a dud phone.

Do this (all after a hard reset, ie, Treo in Factory condition): Get the Treo on and disconnect it from the phone network (by holding down the red button). Now the Treo is just a basic Palm PDA. Does the keyguard work? Does the screen light up when you press any of the 4 hard-buttons?

If not, I give up: bad hardware.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    If it's not clear, don't reinstall any software.. Do a hard reset then see how the phone behaves. You might try to reseat the SIM card, if it's a GSM phone.

If that doesn't help, you need to tell us where you got the phone, what condition it's in, etc.. If the above doesn't help, aprasad is right, the phone is likely bad.
  11.    #12  
    It seems as though other people are having similar problem as well. It's a refurbished from Cingular. Just got it yesterday. The problems seems less frequent now. I think it's partially because I'm running butler v3 to manage the keyguard instead of the default. The problem however still occurs. From time to time the phone would never wake up from its sleep. Anyone had a similar problem? If so, how did you guys get it fixed? Thanks for all your responses and guidance. Happy new year to all!
    Make sure you have the latest firmware.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    If you're in a low signal area, or your signal fluxates, and you have old firmware, this very well might be the problem. Make sure it's at 1.17, go into the Phone app (with the phone on!) and look in the menus.

Otherwise, take that puppy back to Cingular. You got a dud.