1.    #1  
    Every Night at 12:00 an alarm goes off and I can't figure out why ...I've checked everywhere I could think of , clock , calendar , butler, Datebook..anybody have an idea other than a H.R. ?
    What does it say on the Alert screen ?
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Maybe an untimed event with an alarm?

That happened to me a couple of times, and just had to find the event and assign a time to it. Knowing what the alarm says will help track it down, of course.
    RJuhl
    Install Palm Internals and run it. It will show you all of the applications that have future alarms. Locate the one that is set for 12.
    January 1? Any chance there is a birthday in the first week of January that has an Alert in last year? Change Alert to a date in 2007.
  6.    #6  
    It just says 0 alerts.
    installed snap but can't as yet get it working (What key do you use to snap ?And how do you access the pics? .I got palm internals . It says .1/4/07
    00:00:00 'tasks-PTod' among others when I get snap working I'll post some screen shots . I did change my empty alarms in Butler from 12:00 to 8:00
    but the alarm still went off again at midnight ! Thanks
    tasks-PTod is your Tasks application. Check there for any outstanding ToDos with alerts on them (if a new device, check for something related to registering your device)
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Does anybody know how to program the hard key to use for Snap? I'd really like it to work on the green key which has almost no function, but I'm not sure if that is one of hte listed keys. Do we have hard key 5 and hard key 6 on the 680? If so which one is it, they?
    I am even wondering what hardkey 4 is

What you could try (if you use ZLauncher) is to map the voice memo button to launch QuickLaunchAnywhere, and have Snap as one of the default options in QLA (long button press for Voice Memo will still work).

Or also consider PetitLaunch ? It requires a hard key to be launched but after that you can configure a lot of other combinations to start programs with.
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Does anybody know how to program the hard key to use for Snap? I'd really like it to work on the green key which has almost no function, but I'm not sure if that is one of the listed keys. Do we have hard key 5 and hard key 6 on the 680? If so which one is it, they?
    YA What is IT wasin ? Somebody show us how to Snap..on a 680.... please....
    OK, had a look at Snap, forget about my remarks, it will not work.
    Also looked into HRCaptDA, have not figured it out yet but will post back when I find a workable solution.
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    No, Snap does work on the 680. I just can't figure out what it is I'm doing to make it work--I can get screen shots but I never know which key is causing it to snap. But it does work. Nobody knows what hard key 5 and 6 are on the 680, if anything?
    I did figure out how I am doing it: Used the power button as the hard key, and that turns out to be the red key, which I suppose is in fact the power key. It takes screen shots, as you can see. I couldn't figure out the other keys, and in fact as far as I could get it to work, only the power key seems to work. But it works fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #14  
    I did figure out how I am doing it: Used the power button as the hard key, and that turns out to be the red key, which I suppose is in fact the power key. It takes screen shots, as you can see. I couldn't figure out the other keys, and in fact as far as I could get it to work, only the power key seems to work. But it works fine.
    cool ! but where do you see your pics and how do you send them?
    You need some sort of file manager because they are on your SD card in a directory called Snap, I think. I uise Filez, I think because I use the free primitive version, which is all I need, and you just look for the file, check it off and send it. You could send it as an attachment to a Chatter email, or, you could bluetooth it to your computer, or any other send methods. If you have a card reader, you could just read it and drag it onto whatever you want to view it with. Simple.
  16.    #16  
    You need some sort of file manager because they are on your SD card in a directory called Snap, I think. I use Filez, I think because I use the free primitive version, which is all I need, and you just look for the file, check it off and send it. You could send it as an attachment to a Chatter email, or, you could bluetooth it to your computer, or any other send methods. If you have a card reader, you could just read it and drag it onto whatever you want to view it with. Simple.
    Thanks for the help ! Gona try with a little help from my friends ! Speaking of wich, Heres some shots of palm-internals I couldn't find any alarms in my calendar , contacts , or memos . but every night at 12:00 an alarm goes off and tomorrow tonight I'll get a screen shot!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by byronchurch; 01/04/2007 at 11:39 AM.
    There is an alarm set for midnight, as holvoetn pointed out above. It is something in your TASKS list that has an alarm set.