Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    So I can check my work e-mail just fine using my 700p, but can't send using work's SMTP server since I'm not actually on their network. Does Sprint have an SMTP server that it's customers can use? If so, how do I get its address?
    Coming atcha from Phil a del phi a

    Nokia 6160 --> Sony Ericsson T610 --> Treo 700p
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by The UnDoug View Post
    So I can check my work e-mail just fine using my 700p, but can't send using work's SMTP server since I'm not actually on their network. Does Sprint have an SMTP server that it's customers can use? If so, how do I get its address?
    try this:
    smtp.printpcs.com
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3. #3  
    smtp.sprintpcs.com
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  4. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    smtp.sprintpcs.com
    you will need your vision username and password.

    ******@sprintpcs.com

    etc.
  5. #5  
    In the VersaMail account you have set up -- put the above in as the outgoing server and then under advanced, go to the Outgoing Server Settings page and check the ESMTP authentication box and then fill in your sprint username and password.

    You should be good to go. However, if this is the only way you use your sprint provided email address -- your sprint password will unset itself after 6 months. You would then have to have customer service reset it. To prevent this -- I send and reply to a "test" email sent to my sprint email address every 2 months or so.

    Cheers, Perry.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    However, if this is the only way you use your sprint provided email address -- your sprint password will unset itself after 6 months. You would then have to have customer service reset it. To prevent this -- I send and reply to a "test" email sent to my sprint email address every 2 months or so.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Hey Perry,
    Thanks for the heads up on this. I didn't know that.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7. #7  
    Thought I might save someone the frustration of why "send" had stopped working after many months of working. . . . .
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Thought I might save someone the frustration of why "send" had stopped working after many months of working. . . . .

    I've already entered a reminder 5 months from now into my Treo.
    Tks again
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  9. #9  


    Also, if a VersaMail account stops "deleting off the server" (where it had been doing so) -- some corruption in that account has occurred on the Treo. Delete that account from within VersaMail on the Treo and then just re-create it. Delete off server should then be working again for that account. (You cannot just over-type the settings in the existing account -- you have to delete it and re-create it.)

    Another lesson learned . . . . .
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    In the VersaMail account you have set up -- put the above in as the outgoing server and then under advanced, go to the Outgoing Server Settings page and check the ESMTP authentication box and then fill in your sprint username and password.

    You should be good to go. However, if this is the only way you use your sprint provided email address -- your sprint password will unset itself after 6 months. You would then have to have customer service reset it. To prevent this -- I send and reply to a "test" email sent to my sprint email address every 2 months or so.

    Cheers, Perry.

    Actually from the Sprint web Page if you are logged in under your ID there, you can reset the password for your Sprint PCS mailbox...which is the same as your username you need for the SMTP password
  11. djraw's Avatar
    Posts
    370 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Thought I might save someone the frustration of why "send" had stopped working after many months of working. . . . .
    OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! THAT'S WHYYYYYY!!!!!! Thanks Perry!
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  12. #12  

Posting Permissions