Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ameBattery.jpg

Anybody else get life after 0%? If so, how long? I got almost an hour and a half afterwards with off and on light use (Very short phone calls, checking the time, taking screen shot pictures ).
    i used to, on the first few cycles. let it completely discharge a few times before recharging it.
    I got about 90 minutes with nonstop heavy use including surfing and playing music on the speaker. It improved my battery life by cutting reported drain rate by more than half.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    I got about 90 minutes with nonstop heavy use including surfing and playing music on the speaker. It improved my battery life by cutting reported drain rate by more than half.
    This is quite interesting. Could it be, as is claimed in another forum, that the issue is not fully the battery but the meter that measures the battery level? Could it be that when the meter indicates 50% remaining that maybe it's something closer to 75%? That's the claim I've heard elsewhere. How else can one have 90 minutes of usage with a battery that is purportedly dead?
    David
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    This thread reminds me of the PPC forum over at Howardforums...almost as if there are familiar names...hmmm. Haa!

I gave up on the Treo...I noticed something more than just the meter being incorrect. Overnight the battery would drop by huge percentages. This was with no programs installed and in a very good coverage area. However, i must admit that even with my heavy use I never did run the battery to zero so it must have resonable staying power. It is too bad that this issue exists still...It is such a great phone otherwise.
    That's cool dude!!! How did you make a screen shot? I've always wanted to do this for the fun of it.
    search for "snap" it takes screen shots.

yeah, you have to let the meter calibrate to the battery, run it dry, let it shut down, then recharge. do this for a week.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    That's cool dude!!! How did you make a screen shot? I've always wanted to do this for the fun of it.
    Yeah I'm using Snap. It's a little slow but it works great. Here's a link for ya: http://www.freewarepalm.com/graphics/snap.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5 View Post
    ...I gave up on the Treo ... I noticed something more than just the meter being incorrect. Overnight the battery would drop by huge percentages. ... I never did run the battery to zero so it must have resonable staying power. ...
    As you describe it, it seems it may in fact be "just" the meter. It looks to me like what you thought was a big drop may have been just the meter giving incorrect data--especially since you were unable to exhaust it!

I had the life after zero phenomenon. But even more interesting, I had a 99% reading that lasted for several hours during moderate use. I haven't given up on the Treo, just its meter.
    I've had decent battery life so far though far from advertised..only falls about 10% overnight and usually falls 60% in a full day - gonna try that battery drain past 0% today and the rest of the week...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidT. View Post
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ameBattery.jpg

Anybody else get life after 0%? If so, how long? I got almost an hour and a half afterwards with off and on light use (Very short phone calls, checking the time, taking screen shot pictures ).

Wow... I guess the battery meter is totally messed up in the Treo 680.

I wonder if it is possible to place the Treo 680 battery on a Treo 650 and test the battery life performance. This may reveal if the problem in the 680 is the battery or just the meter algorithm.
    After 2 full drains my battery has been stellar. I use about 60% in a normal day which is very normal and relatively comparable to my 650 use. The battery is 30% smaller afterall.
    I decided to try this. I let my 680 drain down last night and it just plain shut down at 2% of battery left. It would not get to 0%. It actually shut down automatically at 2% battery. I had no choice to be able to stop it. A dialog came up that said it was shutting down after 60 secs, or a choice to shut down now. So today, after recharge, I went whole day from 7am to 7pm tonight with lots of use and it is at 25%.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjryowit View Post
    I decided to try this. I let my 680 drain down last night and it just plain shut down at 2% of battery left. It would not get to 0%. It actually shut down automatically at 2% battery. I had no choice to be able to stop it. A dialog came up that said it was shutting down after 60 secs, or a choice to shut down now. So today, after recharge, I went whole day from 7am to 7pm tonight with lots of use and it is at 25%.
    Yup, same deal here. No life after 0%. I get the warning at about 5% then by 2% it's off until plugged back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Yup, same deal here. No life after 0%. I get the warning at about 5% then by 2% it's off until plugged back in.
    It sounds like your battery meter is already correctly calibrated for your battery since the auto shutdown is what your looking to achieve. It also sounds like your battery is operating without any problems.

I think the problem with the battery meter was more prevalent with the first round of shipped products
    my treo also has life after 0%. I read you should drain completely to get accurate meter readings. So I started pockettunes at about 2.00pm to play constantly with screen on, maximum brightness. phone, bt and ir are also on. Now it's 5.48 and it's still running. I'm curious if it will cause any improvements.

Does anybody know if there is a possibility to just disable the low and critical battery warnings? Because when my battery is at 0%, it runs for quite a long time, but these warnings are very annoying. thx
    Quote Originally Posted by jandie View Post
    my treo also has life after 0%. I read you should drain completely to get accurate meter readings. So I started pockettunes at about 2.00pm to play constantly with screen on, maximum brightness. phone, bt and ir are also on. Now it's 5.48 and it's still running. I'm curious if it will cause any improvements.

Does anybody know if there is a possibility to just disable the low and critical battery warnings? Because when my battery is at 0%, it runs for quite a long time, but these warnings are very annoying. thx
    I did the same thing, screen at maximum brightness with no auto shut off n playin on ptunes at max vol. It lasted me 10 mins after 0% battery life. Shuts off after the 30sec? countdown. How long did yours last?
    Last night I drained it to 0% (well it actually showed that)..unfortunately I had no uidea how long it was like that as I had decided to let it drain overnight - neverttheless after seeing it it remained on about 5 mins before I got the doomsday countdown...let's hope today after charging it back fully it lasts until late tonight/tomorrow
    Last night I drained it past 0%, to the point that the 680 had to shutdown
    i had my battery down to 0% and i shut down the phone app becuase i didnt have service but it lasted for about a day, though i didnt use it at all, so i think the battery meter is wierd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast