1.    #1  
    I have TWO Seidio G4850 mobile cradles and BOTH of them now have intermittent power connectors. Geez. I have been using them with the supplied cables which both appear to be identical. What the he** Does anyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    I have TWO Seidio G4850 mobile cradles and BOTH of them now have intermittent power connectors. Geez. I have been using them with the supplied cables which both appear to be identical. What the he** Does anyone else have this problem?
    I have the 4850 in my car. Power cable went bad - the big plastic thingie that plugs into the cigarette lighter worked fine, it's light came on when plugged in but it was the other end with the tiny yellow-tipped jack that goes into the side of the cradle that went bad - I had to wiggle it and press it in with a finger to get the green light on the cradle to come on - when i let go it lost its power connection and the light went out. Who knows why. The tolerances are pretty close. Maybe just a year of cold / hot heat expansion and contraction? No idea. It worked fine when it was new.. The cable was physically in perfect shape. Called Seidio. They sent me a new cable. Works fine. They said it was a "known problem." The new cable looks exactly like the original one did and came in the same plain plastic bag. Whether they re-engineered the tiny plug that goes into the cradle to fit tighter, or it's from exactly the same run as the original cable I have no idea so call them and tell them you need a new cable

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, yup, that is the part that is bad on BOTH of my cables. I thought it was the female connector on the 4850 that had gone bad. I guess it's the male plug on the power cord. It fits very loosely. I don't think it was ever a very snug fit. I'll call 'em on Tuesday. Hopefully that is the only problem and they'll take care of it. It sure seems that there are a lot of "issues" with their products.
  4.    #4  
    Well I called Seidio and you all won't believe their answer. It was: "Shave down the plastic tip on the end of the plug with a razor blade". It actually worked....a little. The connection on one of the cradles was improved a bit, but still intermittent. The other one still won't work hardly at all. You can feel the center pin wiggling around inside the male connector. It simply isn't the right size. Geeez. I guess I'll call them again. I wish there was competition to Seidio's poor quality accessories. But there isn't. If you want cradle, you have to buy their crap.