1.    #1  
    1. As a headset for phone use: reasonable sound quality, quick handoff between phone and headset.

2. As headphones for music: SAG reliably pairs the two and sound quality is very good (any skipping I think is a pTunes issue). Can't tell the difference in quality between the various streaming options in SAG (but my MP3s are encoded at 128, lower than any of the 3 options).

3. Handling between headset and music functions is flaky: caused freeze once, another time it took the incoming call (although I had to press the headset button to get the HT820 to also answer it) but didn't return to music, another time music appeared for an instant after hanging a call up but then everything froze at the Treo phone app's call info screen after the call.

Any ideas on improving the call/music handling?
    i have the same set up and have also noticed a bit of flakiness with handing off from the ht820's from music to a call. i am using sag v.1.08.803.

from the softick forums, it looks like they are aware of the situation and are addressing it.

Well, we are looking into this problem now, actually currently it looks a headset namely HT820 drops connections, but the question is why it doesn't recover it... Anyway, we are aware of this problem and look for the solution .

Thank you for the report and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

http://www.softick.com/
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    I've only been testing the HT820 with my 700P for three days, but so far so good.
    Why does the 700p require any additional software to use HT820? I thought the 700p was A2DP?? So, in order to use these things I HAVE to have SAG?
    Quote Originally Posted by snortch View Post
    Why does the 700p require any additional software to use HT820? I thought the 700p was A2DP?? So, in order to use these things I HAVE to have SAG?
    the 750 is the only treo that ships with a2dp