1.    #1  
    I plugged in the cable to the usb port. I hotsynced a few times it charged up about 5 percent. I started listeing to my new ptunes deluxe with a streaming audio from shoutcast. during which i noticed the charging light was off and the batter indicator went back down 5 percent.

I think i read that the usb cable offers a trickle charge so i was using it faster than my computer was providing. If this is true then this is something to remember...if not then i have some issues!

oh..again egrips are great!
    It all depends on the ability of your USB port to provide current.
    On my laptop the USB post is capable of delivering 1A, most USB ports only deliver 500mA. If you use some heavy applications (streaming definitely qualifies as such), the current delivered from the USB port might not be enough to keep up with the drain from running the applications. So the battery will go down, be it slower ...
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
  3.    #3  
    okay, i just thought it was strange that it said it wasn't charging...and when i stopped the apps it still didn't go back to charging...until i unplugged and replugged it in...

oh well that's the way it is! take note!
    If not enough current is provided, the charging icon will not show (but it will trickle charge )
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user