1.    #1  
    On my pocket pc I had a little program for the today screen that said how many % battery left, how much longer it would last and how many minutes I'd used since I'd charged.

Anything similar for my treo 680?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I'm sure there are many, but I use ZLauncher and it has this very handy feature.
    Drawback with the current version of ZLauncher is that the Most Recently Used feature does not work anymore when press-n-hold Home-button (and I used that feature A LOT on my T3, I was happy to find it also worked on my 680).
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    Drawback with the current version of ZLauncher is that the Most Recently Used feature does not work anymore when press-n-hold Home-button (and I used that feature A LOT on my T3, I was happy to find it also worked on my 680).
    I've seen you mention this several times.. You do realize that this functionality is built into ZLauncher, right? It's called Quick Launch Anywhere. You can have up to 12 (on screen.. Lists up to 20, maybe it'll scroll) spots, of which are static applications, recently launched, or common (often launched) programs.

So if you want, you could have a big list of your most recent apps.. And it works anywhere. Plus it has stuff in the Extension menu, such as launching any program, launching DA's, Hotsync, Soft Reset, etc..
    I know this is built-in, I have ZLauncher already since quite a while. I don't think I am a newbie when it comes to this program.
    But it does NOT do this using the Home button, it even 'breaks' the standard behavior of that button ... and that is not as it should be.
    It remains a bug to me.
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    But it does NOT do this using the Home button, it even 'breaks' the standard behavior of that button ... and that is not as it should be.
    Except for a couple of times when I first got it, my 680 has never been able to show me the recently used list by press-and-hold of the home key. I think holvoetn is right that ZLauncher breaks this behaviour. Even when I exit ZLauncher and am using the standard launcher, I can't get this to work anymore.

Haven't tried un-installing ZLauncher yet, but it is strange.
    It works again after removing ZL (PS khaytsus: I use the Voice memo button to launch QLA )
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    So where's the post about how much battery time left (per original post)? I haven't seen, even in ZL, anything that will display how much battery "time" (in minutes) is left. Of course, that might be because I use an older version of ZL.
    Try loading FileZ there is a neat battery monitoring tool on it as well as memory and file management!
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    2Day from shushu displyas the % battery left.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    The OP is looking for something that displays remaining time (like in minutes).
    It works again after removing ZL (PS khaytsus: I use the Voice memo button to launch QLA )
    I wasn't saying it wasn't a "bug" but I was saying that the functionality in ZLauncher is better..

BTW, does this long-press function anywhere, or just within the default Launcher? If it's just in the default Launcher, that's certainly no bug.. I suppose if you exit ZLauncher and it still doesn't work, okay perhaps, but who does that? I exit ZLauncher for 1 reason; delete applications that require deleting from the Palm Launcher (for whatever reason.. locked, etc..)

I use the SMS/Mail button on my 650.. I have Messaging at the top, but the rest of my fav apps under it, and a few recent launched in the list.
    Long press works everywhere but only if ZLauncher is not present (or any other 'hack' which intercepts Home key-presses). It gives a list of 8 last used applications. However, it also shows those apps tied to a hard button (which it did not on my T3)

But I definitely agree that QLA is better, I would only like to be able to use it with long press on Home. Hopefully ZZTechs will correct/add this.

PS Happy New Year all !!
    Happy Datebk6.1 user