1.    #1  
    Hello...

In light of the battery issue, I would like to get a charging car cradle for my 680 so I can just drop it in and charge while I drive instead of having to mess with the cigarette adapter.

Does anyone know of a mountable car cradle that charges? (I am not concerned with speaker integration or any of that) Are 650/600 car cradles compatible with the 680? I've searched the forums, but can't find a solid yes or no.

Thanks in advance...
    I bought and installed a ProClip mount for my 650 and it was snug. The 680 slides into the same clip slightly less firmly but quite nicely. I am using the 650's car charging cable and it also works as if manufactured for the 680. Note, I like many have seen very variable battery life on my 680, and am wondering if it might be the charging cords/cables from the 650 being applied to the 680....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk6235 View Post
    I bought and installed a ProClip mount for my 650 and it was snug. The 680 slides into the same clip slightly less firmly but quite nicely. I am using the 650's car charging cable and it also works as if manufactured for the 680. Note, I like many have seen very variable battery life on my 680, and am wondering if it might be the charging cords/cables from the 650 being applied to the 680....
    Yes, I had a ProClip for my 650 before I sold it. I was hoping one would come out soon for the 680. Are you saying that you're using a belt clip with a cigarette adapter?

I was hoping to find something I could just drop it into, like this one:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../3-78--270.htm
    I have a vehicle mount and a pro-clip holder with tilt and swivel from

http://www.proclipusa.com

I use the cigarette lighter/vehicle power cord from my 650.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk6235 View Post
    I have a vehicle mount and a pro-clip holder with tilt and swivel from

http://www.proclipusa.com

I use the cigarette lighter/vehicle power cord from my 650.
    OK, thanks... I've email Seidio to see if the charging cradle I referenced above is compatible with the 680. I would really like an all-in-one solution so I can just drop it in and charge. I may go with the setup you recommended if the Seidio isn't compatible.

Thanks for the info...
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyjones View Post
    OK, thanks... I've email Seidio to see if the charging cradle I referenced above is compatible with the 680. I would really like an all-in-one solution so I can just drop it in and charge. I may go with the setup you recommended if the Seidio isn't compatible.

Thanks for the info...
    I use a proclip all in one for the 650.......it's a good fit. Takes about 3 trys to get used to the slightly different position of the 680's port versus the 650's which lines up perfectly. After you've figured out the trick (the 3 trys) then it's a no look drop in.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.