1.    #1  
    I bought a few Treo 650 Verizon's on ebay with broken screens for resale. I replaced the screens, now all have No Service or Searching for Network. Could it be possible that these phones can be activated if taken to a Verizon Store? Could it be a programming issue that a ROM update would solve? I find it very strange that a bunch of phones would all have the same problem. It is very strange. None of the treo's have any user information on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cafonabob View Post
    all have No Service or Searching for Network. Could it be possible that these phones can be activated if taken to a Verizon Store? I find it very strange that a bunch of phones would all have the same problem. It is very strange.
    Actually, it's not strange - any time I've switched from one phone to another, the old phone has given a similar message because the ESN of the phone is no longer registered to a valid account.

So this message alone isn't an indication that anything is wrong - if anything, it's an indication the phone(s) is working properly.