1.    #1  
    Scosche makes a BT stereo receiver (http://www.scosche.com/scosche_bluetooth_tech.aspx) that will receive music via BT and then connect/output to devices via RCA. I've got an RCA to 3.5mm adapter, so theoretically I can:

1. Stream music via BT from my Treo to the Scosche receiver using Softick Audio Gateway
    2. Connect the Scosche to the AUX jack in my Prius via RCA to 3.5mm adapter
    3. Hear music through the Prius speakers.

What do you guys think?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Can you just get a 2.5 -> 3.5 stero jack adapter and plug the treo directly into the radio? Or are you trying to use wired headphones at the same time?

JM
  3.    #3  
    Yes. I'm already doing that. But I like to leave my Treo on a dash mount that I have set-up so I can easily see and access it (for phone calls, etc). The location of the AUX line in the glove box makes this unappealing (a lot of wire just hanging). With this BT connection, it would allow me to not deal with plugging it in each time...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    OK, just wondering. I don't do BT but what you suggest sounds like it would work. See what the experts have to say about streaming BT stereo.

JM
    Personally, if I were looking for a solution to this problem, I'd purchase the Parrot MK6000. This product will handle bluetooth stereo audio and handle phone calls, which a solution that I'm sure a lot of you are looking for.

Parrot has been working with bluetooth forever and I trust their hardware. Plus this would let you control your audio from the dash.

You can find information on this product here:
    http://www.parrot.biz/usa/products/parrotmk6000

Also there is a motorola box designed to work with home stereos that's on sale for cheap at my local Compusa. You'd have to goto radioshack and get a universal cigarrette lighter power supply and find a matching powertip, but this might be cheaper. It's very small.

Thanks for this thread though. I hadn't noticed that Softick released a beta that works on the 700p. I'll have to dig out my bluetooth headphones again.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the ideas, 155. I already have handsfree for phone calls in my Prius, so the Parrot (while very cool) is more than I need and much more expensive (and also appears to require pro install).

Which Moto box are you referring to? Do you have a model number? Is it the DC800? If so, it does not appear to have a connection for an auto 12V cigarette lighter power source...
    i have that setup working in my vw jetta. i purchased an adapter that plugs into the unused cd changer in the trunk and gives it 2 aux ins. i plugged the scosche into one of them. now i can stream music through bluetooth from my dash mounted treo using softick audio gateway. the scosche comes with a mic as well and switches over to let me take a call. works great. the moto dc 800 has problems connecting to sag.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kabuto View Post
    i have that setup working in my vw jetta. i purchased an adapter that plugs into the unused cd changer in the trunk and gives it 2 aux ins. i plugged the scosche into one of them. now i can stream music through bluetooth from my dash mounted treo using softick audio gateway. the scosche comes with a mic as well and switches over to let me take a call. works great. the moto dc 800 has problems connecting to sag.
    Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I just tried connecting the Moto DC800 with SAG (1.08 beta) and all I got was interference.
    So has anyone tried connecting up a bluetooth gps and a2dp via sag at the same time.

If they didn't work it would be a big negative to using a solution like that.

I prefer the parrot option though. It puts audio controls on your dashboard so you could control the audio from your dash while the treo is in your pocket.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Yes, i have a Scosche Receiver and a GlobalSAt BT GPS and you can use both at the same time. It works pretty good. One thing is you need to set a good playlist because when you are using the GPS it isn't easy to change and select songs.

OrionNE (aka kyle)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    Yes, i have a Scosche Receiver and a GlobalSAt BT GPS and you can use both at the same time. It works pretty good. One thing is you need to set a good playlist because when you are using the GPS it isn't easy to change and select songs.
    Thanks for the info on SAG and gps

Do you use the built-in PocketTunes to play your tunes? I have TomTom and use PocketTunes. It's easy to select a song by using the PocketTunes console. If you open up Ptunes and hit the menu button on the keyboard and select Background Prefs from the Prefs menu. Select the checkbox "Bring up console with button" and then select a button. I chose Calendar.

Now when you're navigating with TomTom or in any other program at all and you have music playing or paused, you can hit the button you selected in pocket tunes and a little dialogue box will come up displaying the current song with a pause, back and forward buttons, and ok button and an open pocket tunes button. You can just hit the directional buttons forward and backward to change the songs until you find one you like and then hit ok. It won't exit out of your current program and you won't have to reactivate your navigation software.
    I wish I could do this setup I would do it in a second but my car doesnt have the ability to set up RCA inputs. Id have to hack into my cd changer outs and do it all myself. No way a pro would touch it and Im not savvy or daring enough to try it.

Sigh.

Sony actually makes a headunit that has the A2DP BT profile and allows for AVRCP. I just dont want to change my head unit as I like the factory look.

Im between a rock and a hard place on this one. I want this setup real bad tho.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I wish I could do this setup I would do it in a second but my car doesnt have the ability to set up RCA inputs. Id have to hack into my cd changer outs and do it all myself. No way a pro would touch it and Im not savvy or daring enough to try it.
    If your factory stereo has the phone mute option, the parrot device I listed above would work perfectly.

An fm modulator would also be an easy solution to this problem. If you don't want to mess with your deck. You just unplug your antenna from the factory stereo and plug the modulator in and then plug the antenna into the back of the modulator. When the modulator is on you just tune your radio to a specific station on the radio.

Here is a link to the Sony headunit you were talking about.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-07AqVGB...0&i=158MEXBT50

It looks cool. The reviews are ok. They should have put an external microphone on it.
    Thanks but I wanted to stay away from FM modulation to avoid sound degradation. I know Im being picky but I just want the right setup.

And heres the actual link to the page for it on Sony's website.

http://www.xplodsony.com/xplod/headunits/MEX-BT5000
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I use Mapopolis and Ptunes. The console in PTunes works but of course when bringing up the console etc. The music gets choppy etc. Somtimes I even get a Soft Reset. I found it's better just to have a good playlist selected.

I have had a call come in while I was using both and SAG paused PTunes let me take the call and when the call ended the music started up again. My GPS never stopped going either. worked great.

Kyle