1.    #1  
    I dont' need to do this yet, but one day i might...

It seems that with Tmobile sim inserted, there is no way to manually set up the connections for internet or tzones.

is there a way to set the proxy or the gateway addresses?
    goto network prefs and hit menu and "duplicate" the tmob connection. Then play with the settings to your hearts content.

-----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Way too cool!!!

BTW, have you noticed the Tmobile seems to be allowing just about anyone with Tzones unlimited Internet access without making any changes or adding any addresses? Seems almost too good to be true.

4.    #4  
    it is too good to be true! but i have been paying 5 bucks a month since 2001. I will gladly jump up when the times comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop_dtx View Post
    I dont' need to do this yet, but one day i might...

It seems that with Tmobile sim inserted, there is no way to manually set up the connections for internet or tzones.

is there a way to set the proxy or the gateway addresses?
    A proxy can be set up in Blazer.

To manually setup the connections for T-Mobile, create a new service.

Connection: GPRS
    User Name: "Blank"
    Password: "Blank"
    APN for
    • T-Zones: internet1.voicestream.com
    • T-Mobile Internet: internet2.voicestream.com
    • T-Mobile VPN: internet3.voicestream.com
    Gateway address is fed from the APN.
  6.    #6  
    thank you. that's cool you can create own connection. at this time though, my tzones settings from the sim work fine.
    We have two 680 with nearly identical software. On mine, the default TMobile settings work fine. My wife's phone will not connect with any of the three TMobile network settings. I created a network profile manually that allows it to connect. If her phone disconnects from the GPRS network and then tries to connect again, it does not default to my manual setting, but goes back to the TMobile default. Anyone know how to make the manual setting stick as the default? The only way I know is to choose that profile in the network settings window, but after each disconnection the default TMobile is the profile showing.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have a manual setting for TMobile on my phone. Once I set it, it stays no matter how many times I connect/disconnect from the gprs network, unless I do a reset (like after a backup). If it resets, I find it defaults to the TMobile Internet which doesn't work for me and I have to do as you mentioned, go back into network preferences and point it to my connection. Otherwise, it stays where I tell it. I have not found a way to make my manual setting the default. I even tried deleting the other network connections, but they come back after a reset. I would love to know how to choose a default connection.
    Pretty sure this is a bug new to the 680. My 650 when reset didn't have to have the default network changed. I listed this as one of my top bugs in the treo 680 firmware update request list since it causes a lot of headache. It might be possible to write a simple program to fix it, but I don't have the programming skills.
    This problem is a real pain in the **** for me. It may be a software bug, but it only happens on one of our 680's. Not sure why that's the case.