1.    #1  
    okay...another issue

I have tmobile
    I have the 4.99 tzones plan.

my issue is that i have the network selected as TZONES.
    sometimes, the phone automatically switches the tzones back to tmobile internet in the settings automatically!

this is a pain b/c it won't connect to my mail or internet obviously until i change it back...

what happens is though is it tries to connect to the tmobile internet then cancels...but goes in a loop trying and retrying until i catch it at the right time to stop it...why would this happen?

i know i will need to upgrade to internet eventually but for now i want tzones as the default.
    This is a known issue. There is not a work around right now. I talked with T-Mobile and Palm about this. It will change back every time it resets. It annoyed me into changing my plan to the T-Mobile Internet connection.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #3  
    well, its not that big of a deal! that's 360 bucks a year to not have to push menu ----> pref---> system ----> network

yeah, actually i guess it only happens when i turn the radio off. no big deal just forget sometimes and its annoying b/c i don't get my email until i switch it back. hmm...i'll email palm too. maybe they can fix it.
    I expect they will fix it in the first update.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I expect they will fix it in the first update.
    I don't know. Is it a Tmobile issue, or a Palm issue? Tmobile doesn't support the 680 officially. I noticed the same problem/issue and it's no big deal for me to switch it back.

One thing I noticed is that on the 680 I can access the Tmobile Tzones website where I couldn't on the 650. Anyone else notice this?

If your 680 keeps resetting to internet connection instead of t-zones then that means your palm is soft resetting. That's symtomatic of a different problem and t-zones is only the symptom. I'd be trying to figure out which software is causing the problem. If U solve thatthen the other issue should mostly go away.

I have the t-zone setup and almost never have that problem
  7.    #7  
    Bigcatny...i actually only have had to do it 3 times now that i think about it. once when i set up the phone, took me a minute to figure out why it wouln't connect. i only have tzones but tmobile's tzones are wide open, unless i just have a grandfathered tzones pkg that includes all the ports.

2nd time was after i drained the battery completely then recharged.

3rd same as above

4th same as above

5th was after i took the battery out to read the number on the phone, then didn't use internet for a few days. Maybe its just when the phone is soft resetting like said above, i think it just annoyed me and i didn't think of the cause. i have no software added other than chatter, google maps. never set up versamail.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I don't know. Is it a Tmobile issue, or a Palm issue? Tmobile doesn't support the 680 officially. I noticed the same problem/issue and it's no big deal for me to switch it back.

One thing I noticed is that on the 680 I can access the Tmobile Tzones website where I couldn't on the 650. Anyone else notice this?

Cingular Customers have the same issue. When I talked to Palm they said they knew of the issue and that it did not work the same as it had on the 600 or 650. No promises but they were aware.