Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    It would be nice if some one could come up with hump back/extended battery door to be sold by it self. I have three 650 batteries, one is only about 8 weeks old, a 2400mah that I would like to use in my 680. I realize that these batteries are not 100% compatible & could void my warranty, etc. I would still like to purchase one of these doors & not be forced to purchase another full size treo battery (other than a slim extended battery). I would easily pay $10 - $14 for one.....
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
  2. jpizzaj's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #2  
    hmm sounds interesting, but can the 650 battery work with it anyway? does it line up and is it the same voltage?
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
  3.    #3  
    Yes, actually. There are other threads stating the voltage reading are off & the actual battery life would be less than if it were in a 650. At the end of the day, it does work, & would buy me a good deal of time.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj View Post
    hmm sounds interesting, but can the 650 battery work with it anyway? does it line up and is it the same voltage?
    Voltage is the same.

    BTW- voltage for nearly every cellphone and all rechargeable Palm devices is the same 5.0 volts.....you can safely charge from a lower voltage and no more then 1.0 amps to just about any cellphone but it's always better or best to follow the manufacturer's specs.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  5. jpizzaj's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #5  
    holy crap guess what i just found XD
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...y-now-on-sale/
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj View Post
    holy crap guess what i just found XD
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...y-now-on-sale/
    seidio has had that for a few weeks now, & there is a whole thread about it.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132229

    My gripe is that I will not be forced to purchase another battery. I just want a door.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrios View Post
    seidio has had that for a few weeks now, & there is a whole thread about it.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132229

    My gripe is that I will not be forced to purchase another battery. I just want a door.

    Post in the TC thread you linked and ask......Seidio is monitoring and my guess it that the cover will be available. I've ordered "it" and it hasn't shipped yet....preorder. Shipping is supposed to begin soon if not already, so my guess is they may supply the cover but be warned the size of the contacts is "larger" on the 650 battery and as such may pose more of a safety issue then I'd be willing to take?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE View Post
    Post in the TC thread you linked and ask......Seidio is monitoring and my guess it that the cover will be available. I've ordered "it" and it hasn't shipped yet....preorder. Shipping is supposed to begin soon if not already, so my guess is they may supply the cover but be warned the size of the contacts is "larger" on the 650 battery and as such may pose more of a safety issue then I'd be willing to take?
    Good point about the contacts. All should be well though, as long as you keep the cover on. I did post in that thread about the door & his answer was don't know, probably not or something to that affect.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
  9. #9  
    In the end, your answer about just getting a door will be a business decision based on whether they think they can make money just selling the door. You must remember that they have to recover their cost for designing testing and making the molds to produce a battery cover. They may not recover their costs by just selling the cover, at least not initially, After some period of selling the battery package that cost analysis might change.

Posting Permissions