1.    #1  
    Hello,

I've searched around this board and haven't found any threads about this problem. Basically, anytime I try to trim an mp3 and then add it to my list of songs (stored on my phone, not the card), it resets my phone. Any ideas how to get rid of it? I have the Mini Tones program on my SD card and it USED to work but not anymore...boo.
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
    try deleting it and re-installing it again. i had the same problem awhile ago and that fixed it...
  3.    #3  
    ok thanks. i'll try it out when I get back....
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
    I have had several different programs crash (Ptunes, Docs to go, Splashphoto come to mind) that require access to the card when you start them. In each case, after the initial crash, the programs were so damaged, they would not work again until I restored them from a backup (I'm glad it was easy as that). Seems to be a nasty bug...
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Mini Tones never worked for me at all either. It kept crashing my palm, like AJ said, as soon as I trim the mp3 and save it, it crashes.
    Mini Tones reset with me too. What I have done though to work around this problem is I will choose all the mp3/mp3s and then choose one more mp3/midi song in which I don't intend to add to my list. When I do this I get to Trim all the mp3 I want and then when I reach the last mp3 Mini Tone will reset my phone but I would have trimmed all the other mp3s before I reach the last mp3. I don't know why but Mini Tones always make the Treo 700P reset on the last mp3. So just trim one more mp3 than you intend to and then when you reach the last mp3 your phone will reset but you will have all your other mp3s in your telephone's ringer manager's list. I hope this helps you out.
    I've had seemingly random crashes when certain programs access the card - specifically in the audio and photo folders. Seems more prevalent when there are a lot of files there - probably some relation to caching, but just a guess.

I don't know if it will make a difference for you, but perhaps you could edit the mp3 from within a dedicated folder with just 1 mp3 inside (copy or move it over with Filez or Resco Explorer).

I've had success with Minitones, but initially it was crashing on me too and this method seemed to solve it for me.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  8.    #8  
    well i deleted and reinstalled it, this time onto my card. that didn't really work either but i did figure out why. it was the song i was trying to add. bah. oh well...guess i won't have that as a ringtone but at least the program works =)
    Quote Originally Posted by aj80 View Post
    well i deleted and reinstalled it, this time onto my card. that didn't really work either but i did figure out why. it was the song i was trying to add. bah. oh well...guess i won't have that as a ringtone but at least the program works =)
    Hi aj80 try taking my advice I thought at first I could not trim one of my favorite mp3 but I add one more mp3 in which I did not intend to trim. I was able to trim my favorite song & then after my favorite song was added to my Treo's ringer radio my phone reset. It seem to reset on the last mp3 for some reason.