Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hi i paid some gsm phone source guy to unlock my phone. i sent them the imei # and funds via paypal. does anyone have info , do i wait a week or something for this dude? i almost want to throw this thing in the garbage. why did i chuck my motorola a1200 "ming" for this?
    Say goodbye to your $$$. If you have a locked [i.e. Cingular] T680, then call Cingular and have them give you the legitimate SIM Subsidy Unlock code [search the forums for details]. They are more than happy to do this for good paid up long term customers over 90 days or so into a contract.
    There's lots of success stories on these boards with people paying to get their phones unlocked. Since you give so few facts in your post, it's hard to tell whether you've contracted with a legitimate outfit or a fly-by-night. Suggest you do a search for unlock threads and see if you find someone else using the same seller.

But I don't understand your rant ... You think it is garbage and want to throw it out because ... it's locked? Say, what? What part of that did you not understand when you agreed to purchase it?
    i'll buy it from you for $175!
    who did you use for unlocking? if its www.gsmphonesource.com i know they used to be a very great place to buy import phone. very reliable. my friend always bought his sony ericsson from them. they would update his firmware for free when ever it came out. very decent outfit..now that was 2 years ago.

Just search...there might be an easier way to do it. It could be the stores employees are out of town for the holidays too...i understand your frustration.

i put my internet business on "under construction" so i didn't have to worry about filling orders on the holiday's when i was out of town.

good luck...be patient.

Who is your service provider?
    Quote Originally Posted by brietling View Post
    hi i paid some gsm phone source guy to unlock my phone. i sent them the imei # and funds via paypal. does anyone have info , do i wait a week or something for this dude? i almost want to throw this thing in the garbage. why did i chuck my motorola a1200 "ming" for this?
    These guys have a great rep over at the BlackberryCentral Forums. I'd send them a polite email inquiring about the status of your as yet unreceived unlock code. After all, it is the holidays and folks are likely to be away from their email for a few days. I'd give them a chance to make good before getting all hot and bothered.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop_dtx View Post
    i'll buy it from you for $175!
    who did you use for unlocking? if its www.gsmphonesource.com i know they used to be a very great place to buy import phone. very reliable. my friend always bought his sony ericsson from them. they would update his firmware for free when ever it came out. very decent outfit..now that was 2 years ago.

Just search...there might be an easier way to do it. It could be the stores employees are out of town for the holidays too...i understand your frustration.

i put my internet business on "under construction" so i didn't have to worry about filling orders on the holiday's when i was out of town.

good luck...be patient.

Who is your service provider?
    im with fido

yes i paid gsmsource.
    there reply email says even through the holidays there unlocking services is still daily..
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    There's lots of success stories on these boards with people paying to get their phones unlocked. Since you give so few facts in your post, it's hard to tell whether you've contracted with a legitimate outfit or a fly-by-night. Suggest you do a search for unlock threads and see if you find someone else using the same seller.

But I don't understand your rant ... You think it is garbage and want to throw it out because ... it's locked? Say, what? What part of that did you not understand when you agreed to purchase it?
    i bought this because i was told it was unlocked !!
    another thing, why can cingular 680 be unlocked and not rogers?
  8.    #8  
    Had This Phone For 1 Week, Still Can't Unlock It. Already Lost 25 Bucks . Someone Pplease Help
    I think if you have used your Cingular phone for more than 3(?) months, you can call up and ask them to unlock it. Tell them you want to take a trip in Europe.
    ok so i asked you if it was gsmphonesource.com and you said you talked to the phonesource guys..

WHAT COMPANY DID YOU PAY 25 BUCKS TO?

call cingular, tell them you are going on an emergency work trip and your work is paying for a non cingy sim card so you need to be able to use your phone over there and need the unlock code, be very nice on the phone.

Send a nice email to the unlockers asking for an explination.

since you did you paypal, INITIATE A CHARGEBACK.

do they have a phone number? a website, you have to provide ALL the facts if you want propper help.
    another thing, you bought the phone supposedly unlocked...where did you buy it? have you contacted that person for a refund b/c they lied?

how much did you pay for the phone?
    I need to comment that breitling is sounding very much like the biggest patsy of all time.

First he buys a locked phone because he's told it's unlocked, then he does nothing about getting that rectified. The he takes out more money to pay someone online to unlock his unlocked phone & gets no response back.

How much money could you possibly have saved going the route taken so far rather than buying directly from Palm. Then time wasted alone has to be worth more not to mention the obvious aggrivation.

By the way, I have a bridge going to Brooklyn that I can get for you really cheap.......
    Last edited by bigcatny; 01/01/2007 at 02:29 PM.
    bigcatny, i think something is fishy here too...
    If he bought it on EBAy as unlocked...he would have probably paid at least 300 right? (most likely more)

i bought from palm directly for 399. people are selling them on ebay too for 399 plus SHIPPING!

palm.com FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING
    FREE MOBILE MUSIC PACK WORTH 135 BUCK. free ptunes deluxe, free memory card.

its a way better deal to buy an unlocked one from palm...plus you don't get the cingy software on the phone! i hate branded phones

Benny, when you unlock you'll still have all the cingular crapola on there, just will be able to use your FIDO sim.

would someone start a fake situation to waste our time? Probably.
    Would everyone else get off their rear and make a better attempt to get help, YES.

YOU PAID PAYPAL DUDE...*CHARGEBACK.
    call your CC *chargeback.
    I would be complaining to eBay as well about the phone. If you paid via PayPal, file a complaint there as well for receiving an item not as described.

But I have one question. You say this phone you purchased was supposedly "unlocked". What carrier was it locked for?

Quote Originally Posted by brietling View Post
    i bought this because i was told it was unlocked !!
    another thing, why can cingular 680 be unlocked and not rogers?
    The site you referenced that you purchased your unlock code for only has the codes for Cingular branded phones. If your phone is not Cingular, they would not be able to unlock it.

As for Rogers phones being unlocked, I am sure there is a way to do that. I have used a Treo 650 that was sold and locked to Rogers but was unlocked to be used on any GSM carrier when I purchased it. So it can be done, you just have to find the right service that can do it. Have you tried contacting the carrier that the phone is locked to and asking them how to unlock it?

I don't think Rogers will be as nice as Cingular to provide an unlock code, or at least I've never heard that before. The best bet is to find an unlocker service at the marketplace at HowardForums where they are so used to doing this kind of stuff. Of course, contact them first before paying the money to ensure that they can unlock it for you.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    i don't think benny (breitling) is ever coming back to this site....where o where are you?
    S'funny! If it really WAS paypal why not get a refund/chargeback as suggested? Is this guy for real? If so he should at least thank these guys for pointing out the obvious and go get his money back through the correct sources...
    On GSM Phone Source's FAQ page it says turnaround for an IMEI unlock code is usually same day "unless I am on vacation or its a holiday". If he took off for the long holiday I'd give him at least until Wednesday, 1/3/07 to get back to you. He should probably have a warning on his unlock services page about being away, and that would be a great thing to include in any polite inquiry.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i'm also looking into unlocking my cingular phone. can anyone recommend me someone??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast