Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hi,

Anyone know what are the following applications being installed to the Treo680 during the 1st hotsync?

Local Synchronization
    Installed AirSAM
    Installed AirSAMPrv
    Installed BgndService
    Installed IIDataLib
    Installed MIAttachLib
    Installed MIDataLib
    Installed MMConduit-asc6
    Installed MMConfigFPI
    Installed MMDiskLib
    Installed MMHtmlPlugin
    Installed MMNotify
    Installed MMPluginMGR
    Installed MMPRCPlugin
    Installed MMSDCard
    Installed MMSmartAdd
    Installed MMTextPlugin
    Installed MMUnzipPlugin
    Installed MMUpgrade
    Installed MMVCal
    Installed MMVCardPlugin
    Installed MMWave
    Installed MMWizard
    Installed MMWordPlugin
    Installed MultiMail
    Installed Photo/Video
    Installed VersaMail
    Installed AirSAM
    Installed AirSAMPrv
    Installed BgndService
    Installed IIDataLib
    Installed MIAttachLib
    Installed MIDataLib
    Installed MMConduit-asc6
    Installed MMConfigFPI
    Installed MMDiskLib
    Installed MMHtmlPlugin
    Installed VersaMail
    Installed MMNotify
    Installed Photo/Video
    Installed MMPluginMGR
    Installed MMPRCPlugin
    Installed MMSDCard
    Installed MMSmartAdd
    Installed MMTextPlugin
    Installed MMUnzipPlugin
    Installed MMUpgrade
    Installed MMVCal
    Installed MMVCardPlugin
    Installed MMWave
    Installed MMWizard
    Installed MMWordPlugin
    Installed MultiMail
    Installed PalmVMFontLibrary
    Installed PassThruSync
    Installed SAMgr
    Installed MM Text Lookup FPI
    Installed VMNetLogging
    OK Install

I saw 2 Blue Dotted icons (applications) shown on the "All" category after my 1st Sync:
    1. PassThruSync (Phone reset once I click on this application)
    2. VMNetLogging (This is Ok)

Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks!
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    All of the MM**** applications deal with Versamail (which used to be called MultiMail and hence retains many of the old names). The VMNetworking as well.

Nearly everything else is related to Versamail as well - the exceptions are obvious as to the pass through sync - a new feature for NVFS devices - and the photo video stuff. All of it's normal and some of it can be deleted but mostly I wouldn't worry about it.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hi RSGMOOSE,

Do you know what is the Pass Through Sync for? I click on it, and the phone reset.

Thanks.
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadmy View Post
    Hi RSGMOOSE,

Do you know what is the Pass Through Sync for? I click on it, and the phone reset.

Thanks.
    It's part of the Palm Safe Hot Sync which is resident on the desktop and is used when syncing to the Palm Desktop - I believe. I sync to Outlook using Chapura's Pocket Mirror Pro XT.

It's not currently in either my RAM or ROM so it's safe to delete it without any issue on the handheld.....and looking again at your log - this was duplicated so it might cause a reset if clicked on it. I would recommend deleting it and it will then be placed into the PC archive folder if you think you need to recover it. Also, that bgndService file is part of ROM.....I'm wondering why it's showing as being installed twice as well.

Since it's in ROM - any RAM corresponding databases would be recreated if you deleted a RAM component that has a ROM program - so again I think it's safe to use something like FileZ (freeware) and see if you've got an errant database in RAM. I show two instances of the bgndservice the second is plainly listed as BgndService_enUS and is such tied to the language you chose when installing - which since your in Malaysia - you may not have choosen US English. So your version would possibly be different.

And I suspect that both files would not have been seen in the normal backup upon your next hot sync either as ROM files are not typically backed up.

Hope some of this helps.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.