1.    #1  
    Both TomTom 6 and Emtac Navigator 3.0 seem to be fairly good GPS solutions for the 700p. I'm looking for real-life experiences with either/both to help me make a decision.

I'm looking for the following features primarily:

1. Accuracy of routing directions
    2. Ability to hear voice prompts at highway speeds via the Treo's speaker
    3. Good POI database
    4. Stability
    5. Ability for maps to work well on my PQI 4GB SD card

All input welcome!

(Sorry for the cross-post, but I wasn't getting any responses in the 700p forum).
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000 View Post
    Both TomTom 6 and Emtac Navigator 3.0 seem to be fairly good GPS solutions for the 700p. I'm looking for real-life experiences with either/both to help me make a decision.

I'm looking for the following features primarily:

1. Accuracy of routing directions
    2. Ability to hear voice prompts at highway speeds via the Treo's speaker
    3. Good POI database
    4. Stability
    5. Ability for maps to work well on my PQI 4GB SD card

All input welcome!

(Sorry for the cross-post, but I wasn't getting any responses in the 700p forum).
    Hi I just purchased TomTom Nav 6 and am running it on my Treo 650. It has only been a week, but below are my opinions:

1. So far the routing directions seem very accurate. I live in MA, and have only tried routing there, but so far I am impressed.
    2. I would say that the voice prompts at highway speeds are good. However, it depends on your phone mount. I purchased Nav 6 bundled with a GlobalSat BT 359 GPS receiver from Semsons, and it came with a free Akron vent mount. The problem with that particular mount is that the back of the mount cover the entire back of the phone, so the speaker is covered and the sound is somewhat attenuated. I orderd a Seidio G220S car mount from Semsons to address this issue, since the back of the G2200s only covers half the Treo and the speaker is not covered (plus I wanted a mount that would also charge my phone). The G2200s arrived yesterday, and I am happy to report that the voice prompts are much louder now. However, even with the G2200s, it is a little hard to hear if you have music playing from your car stereo.
    3. So far, I have been very satisfied with the Nav 6 POI database.
    4. I have had no stability issues with Nav 6, which was a concern for me as I had read other posts complaining about stability of TomTom software on the Treo 650. However, I should note that I dont run any applications other than Nav 6 while in the car (besides the phone and my versamail autosynch). I use an Ipod to play MP3s in my car (I read that running RealPlayer while running Nav6 can cause stability issues).
    5. I use a Teko 80x 2 GB SD card and have not had any problems.

Hope this helps, obviously there are some differences since I have a 650 and you have a 700, but I think it will still be helpful for you. Good luck.

Bob
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    MyTreo.net just put out a pretty good review of the EMTAC gps bundle. I'd include a link, but I'm on my treo take a look it's on their "reviews" section.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
  4.    #4  
    Thanks all! I just saw the mytreo.net Emtac review today as well. Based on the positive reviews and user experiences on the TomTom package, I've ordered that.