1.    #1  
    Read a very favorable review of Jawbone Bluetooth in Mossberg's column in WSJ so bought one at Cingular store. After a couple of days of wearing it:

1. Audio in via the earpiece is clear but tinny with occasional static.

2. Audio out via mic is exceptionally clear but listeners all comment on low mic volume and no way to adjust via headpiece.

3. Noise-canceling-- the real selling point of the headset-- is exceptional for most noises, even loud ones, but marginal for wind.

4. Form factor is about the same as most-- you look like a Martian. Earpiece/earloop combo is awkward to put on/take off. I think I can replace the earpiece with a gel (Plantronics/Jabra?) and make it work.

In short, this headset works for those willing to trade sound quality for great noise-cancellation. The volume out issue is troublesome but I seem to have it on my other headsets, too- Jabra XJ-10 and Plantronics 955. I suspect it's a generic BT issue with the 700p's OS and would welcome comments and advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneBear View Post
    Read a very favorable review of Jawbone Bluetooth in Mossberg's column in WSJ so bought one at Cingular store. After a couple of days of wearing it:
    I got one, too, but I use it with a 650.
    For what it's worth, there are other discussions on the Jawbone headset (I think it's "Aliph," by the way). Here are a couple:

Aliph Jawbone, Invisio Q7, The Boom BT

Finally! Jawbone bluetooth is out! I got one!

I don't find it tinny, but I have noticed static, occasionally. It's been hard to identify the cause, though.

Most times, it was very clear.

2. Audio out via mic is exceptionally clear but listeners all comment on low mic volume and no way to adjust via headpiece.
    I've heard just the opposite. I've had to work hard at adjusting to the fact that this mic is so powerful that my normal "mobile voice" is too loud.

I see that as a good thing, despite the need for adjustment on my part.

3. Noise-canceling-- the real selling point of the headset-- is exceptional for most noises, even loud ones, but marginal for wind.
    I've had little to no issues with wind.

4. Form factor is about the same as most-- you look like a Martian. Earpiece/earloop combo is awkward to put on/take off. I think I can replace the earpiece with a gel (Plantronics/Jabra?) and make it work.
    The Martian factor doesn't bother me. People looked at me like I was crazy when I was among the few talking into a Jabra. Then they looked at me strangely when I was among the relatively few using a Bluetooth earpiece. I'm sure they'll be looking at me the same way when they start implanting mic's into our chins and speakers into our earlobes.

I absolutely agree about taking it on and off, but I'm guessing there's a learning-curve that'll get better in time.

If you can get ANY gel to work with it, please let us know. I'm not fond of the eargels that come with it, at all. Jabra's could be a pain over too much time, but they mostly stayed in-place. (I think.)
    In short, this headset works for those willing to trade sound quality for great noise-cancellation. The volume out issue is troublesome but I seem to have it on my other headsets, too- Jabra XJ-10 and Plantronics 955. I suspect it's a generic BT issue with the 700p's OS and would welcome comments and advice.
    I've found it to be excellent in almost all areas.

I did notice, though, that quick, loud and maybe higher-pitched sounds can sometimes by-pass the Noise Shield.

S'rather unpredictable.

I also don't like the fact that pressing buttons or adjusting the earpiece causes little creaks which are very noticeable to the caller. It's still awesome, though.
  3.    #3  
    West3Man-

Forgot to search for other threads... my bad...thanks. BTW my Boom wired set w/Jabra earpiece is 1000% better than any BT I've tested on any phone-- hope their BT will be, too...

The Jabra gel is working for me on Jawbone-- I put it over the round rubber Jawbone one and got a tight fit. Don't know about extended comfort yet.

Audio out issue's a puzzler-- have Volume Care and everything else in sight on my phone set at max yet the issue remains with this and other sets. Could it be my phone? No issues on calls thru built-in mic...Suggestions very welcome.

Thanks again...
    --PBear
    West3Man-

Forgot to search for other threads... my bad...thanks.
    I'm not complaining since 1) I like talking about this and 2) it's hard to keep track of which threads are on which sub-forums. (I keep up with'em through vBulletin's Control Panel.)

Anyway, it happens. Besides, those others may not have been exclusively about Jawbone.

BTW my Boom wired set w/Jabra earpiece is 1000% better than any BT I've tested on any phone-- hope their BT will be, too...
    This is the only noise shield/cancelling BT earpiece I'm familiar with (although I've seen some homemade mods).

Yeah. Wired is bound to be better than wireless. I hesitate to compare the two too much, although I'm intrigued by the prospect of anything working better than the Jawbone, which impresses me every day.

The Jabra gel is working for me on Jawbone-- I put it over the round rubber Jawbone one and got a tight fit. Don't know about extended comfort yet.
    I might hafta give that a shot.

I hope they have black or dark-colored gels, now. I don't wanna go back to having a black earpiece with a pink gel.

Audio out issue's a puzzler-- have Volume Care and everything else in sight on my phone set at max yet the issue remains with this and other sets. Could it be my phone? No issues on calls thru built-in mic...Suggestions very welcome.

Thanks again...
    --PBear
    *sigh*

That kinda worries me since I'm considering getting a 700P. I'm loving it with my 650, but if your experiences and observations are specific to the 700P (as opposed to your Jawbone unit), that's disheartening.

For what it's worth, I've got VolumeCare disabled on my phone. I don't see how or why it might be a factor, but I thought it worth mentioning, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I've had little to no issues with wind.
    I just had an issue with wind.

Does THE BOOM have the same problem?

Let me make the distinction I just made with my girlfriend between filtering the sounds of wind as it roars past your car and filtering the sound of wind hitting your microphone.

The former seems to be easy enough. It's the latter that concerns me - a lot.

I've had the Jawbone for a few days, and I agree with your review. I was able to fit a Jabra ear gel onto the headset, but the Jawbone is simply too big & heavy to really wear for an extended period of time. That, combined with the blinking "I am Borg" light (why can these manufacturers put the status light on the INSIDE???), made me switch back to my JX-10.
    I was one of the first to purchase the Jawbone and one of the first to return it. Very poor headset, IMO. The DSP is only average because the headset must be touching your face at all times or it doesn\'t work at all. Couple that with the terrible fit and comfort along with the huge size and the Jawbone is a three-time loser.