Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1.    #1  
    http://www.swcp3.com/TreoHour/TreoHour.jpg

    TreoHour is a small chime applications that causes the Treo 650 to emit audible beeps every quarte hour (single beep), half hour (single beep) or one hour (two beeps). TreoHour has several user configurable options.

    You can download it here: http://www.swcp3.com/TreoHour/TreoHo...martphones.zip

    You can view the online user manual here: http://www.swcp3.com/TreoHour/TreoHour_User_Manual.html

    For Treo 650 Smartphones, but should work with phones > 650.
  2. #2  
    How can anyone read the user manual with black on blue... hurt my eyes! '

    Obvious first feature request is going to be allowing the user to choose what sound is used for the "chime", you should look to give the option of using the default alarms/ringtones plus other mp3 etc on an SD...

    Good luck!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    scottymomo!

    Thanks for the comments. The main reason why I wrote this app was because I did not want a heavy, mp3-MIDI-polyphonic-stereo-5.1-dolby-whatever ringtone/ alarm app on my Treo. TreoHour will never get into that territory.

    There is also:
    Clocher: http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-515.html &
    Chime: http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-318.html

    (both freeware) in case MIDI etc. need to be used.

    I didn't get your comment about the colours.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    scottymomo!

    Thanks for the comments. The main reason why I wrote this app was because I did not want a heavy, mp3-MIDI-polyphonic-stereo-5.1-dolby-whatever ringtone/ alarm app on my Treo. TreoHour will never get into that territory.

    There is also:
    Clocher: http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-515.html &
    Chime: http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-318.html

    (both freeware) in case MIDI etc. need to be used.

    I didn't get your comment about the colours.
    No worries, understood I use the chime feature in Palmary Clock and use the "Alarm Flute" sound which is really nice IMO

    As for the colours comment, check out your user manual in Firefox and you'll see what I mean
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    Version 1.1b2 uploaded:

    http://www.swCP3.com/TreoHour/

    ---
    PS: scottymomo, the colour is actually the lightest shade of grey in the web palette. Don't know why FireFox renders it as blue.
  6. #6  
    Version 1.1b2 instantly resets my Treo 680 as soon as I tap on TreoHour under Preferences. I don't know if earlier versions worked because I never got to try them. Any Ideas?
    .
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz View Post
    Version 1.1b2 instantly resets my Treo 680 as soon as I tap on TreoHour under Preferences. I don't know if earlier versions worked because I never got to try them. Any Ideas?
    680, mmmm... hold on, while I download the 680 simulator and try it (unfortunately, the palm pluggedin website has been down for several days).

    Obviously, things aren't the same with the 680, as many applications needed tweaking to get them to work.

    Works fine on the 650 (has been for several days)!
  8. #8  
    Some people have color perception difficulties. A white background with black lettering works for everyone. Ben
  9. #9  
    Or the other way around (black bg w/white text). that way it doesn't feel like you're trying to read the text printed on a lit bulb. Course you may have more of a problem with glare/reflection.
  10.    #10  
    skillllllz...

    You have to wait. The Palm developer website is still not up. Must be the holiday season.
  11. #11  
    I have 1.1b3 but i dun have the option of

    -flash led
    -vibrate
    -suppress when sleep.

    also, would like it to be 12 hour format, not 24. And I don't like the fact that you have to turn on system sound for it to BEEP, cuz system sound is annoying.

    Otherwise, pretty cool, and like the fact that it doesn't hook hede, etc. I know Chime and the other ones do.

    Thanks
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling View Post
    I have 1.1b3 but i dun have the option of

    -flash led
    -vibrate
    -suppress when sleep.
    These things are in the pipeline, first two are being tested currently. The third maybe at a future date. (these things make the PRC size bloat!)

    v1.2b1 will be put-up shortly.

    Quote Originally Posted by chenling View Post
    also, would like it to be 12 hour format, not 24. And I don't like the fact that you have to turn on system sound for it to BEEP, cuz system sound is annoying.
    Yeah... should be done soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by chenling View Post
    Otherwise, pretty cool, and like the fact that it doesn't hook hede, etc. I know Chime and the other ones do.
    Thanks, glad you liked it. Amazing there is a scarcity of chime apps for the Treo while clocks are a dime-a-dozen.

    - mvk

    PS: Plugged-in website is still not up. Any body know an alternative where I can get the Treo 680 Simulator?
  13.    #13  
    Uploaded v1.2b1

    http://www.swCP3.com/TreoHour

    - Fixed "Between X and Y" spans midnight issue.
    - "Flash LED" implemented, may interact with other Treo sutilities that control LED behaviour.
    - "Vibrate" implemented.
    - Displays digital time in system time format.
    - Independent beep volume setting, optionally.

    Now the user manuals have been changed to black text on white background.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz View Post
    Version 1.1b2 instantly resets my Treo 680 as soon as I tap on TreoHour under Preferences. I don't know if earlier versions worked because I never got to try them. Any Ideas?
    It's fixed!, see: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=133000

    Uploaded: v1.3b1, Should now work with the 700p and 680 without problems.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    scottymomo!

    Thanks for the comments. The main reason why I wrote this app was because I did not want a heavy, mp3-MIDI-polyphonic-stereo-5.1-dolby-whatever ringtone/ alarm app on my Treo. TreoHour will never get into that territory.
    I understand what you are saying, and agree with it.

    However the Minitones app allows you to slice up a mp3 and place it in the Treo list of built-in sounds.

    If you were able to access that list without too much programming, you would have an app that could do something that none of the others you listed could do. Just a thought
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  16. #16  
    ps v1.3b2 is working well. It got over the reduced bleep volume I reported over on the MyTreo thread
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  17. #17  
    Great program. It would be nice if I the user could select the time increments. For example, I am an attorney and bill in 10 minute increments. It would also be nice if the user could select the time it begins counting. For example, if I select the quarter hour and have it begin at 10:05, the chime would next ring at 10:20. Please do not take this as criticism. It is a great program and you need not change it at all.
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by wink100 View Post
    Great program. It would be nice if I the user could select the time increments. For example, I am an attorney and bill in 10 minute increments. It would also be nice if the user could select the time it begins counting. For example, if I select the quarter hour and have it begin at 10:05, the chime would next ring at 10:20. Please do not take this as criticism. It is a great program and you need not change it at all.
    I thought about this a LOT before writing TreoHour, and decided that that was some other program with a different purpose - and it would probably be called TreoBeat!.

    Yeah, TreoHour only requires a few tweaks to get it to do what you say, but the purpose of TreoHour is different. In fact, this is the reason I hid TreoHour in the Preferences Panel. Configure it and forget it.

    Thanks for your comments...
  19. #19  
    On my arctic (white) AT&T Centro, when you select TreoHOUR in prefs, you get "Error:Compatable Device" and an OK button.

    If you select OK, you are returned to preferences.

    So this is not working on the ATT GSM Centro.
  20.    #20  
    Is this with the latest build (5.0)? If so I'll look into it... - mvk
    Game over!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions