1.    #1  
    http://www.swcp3.com/TreoProc/TreoProc.jpg

TreoProc sends out a simple text message for ignored (receiver terminates without accepting the call) or missed (caller terminates or the ringing times out) voice calls. TreoProc also has functionality to detect a SIM change in your Treo and send out an SMS to a predefined number with the replaced SIM details. It then locks the Treo and makes it inoperable.

You can download it here: http://www.swcp3.com/TreoProc/TreoPr...eo_650_GSM.zip

You can view the online user manual here: http://www.swcp3.com/TreoProc/TreoProc_User_Manual.html

For Treo 650 GSM Smartphones only.
  2.    #2  
    bump! (nobody's interested?)
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    bump! (nobody's interested?)
    acchaa, hexie, you have been a busy boy lately!

..and hey it works!!! Well at least for Missed calls, when I got my friend to hang-up, but not yet for Ignored ones (ie when I click the "Ignore" box on the incoming call phone screen).

Im using an unlocked GSM Treo 650 1.20-LAP on the Airtel network.

A few observations:

1. In the Treoproc prefs panel my SIM ID is **UNDEFINED**. When I click on "Read" nothing happens. Maybe thats because on my Phone Info page, the first line says:

Number: Number not on SIM

2. In TreoProc prefs, if I click on "Register" and then click on "Test", my own phone immediately receives an SMS with the text: "SIM card is changed to this number".

3. On the main Treo prefs page, the TreoProc option shows up as "TreoProc" not as "other" as mentioned in the Manual.

I dont know the significance of these parameter settings or events.

Keep up the great work!!!

geoff

PS In your manual, both the download and online versions, viewed using Firefox 1.5.0.9, the text is black on a very dark blue background, and therefore very hard to read. With IE the background is white, and therefore presents no problem.
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 01/02/2007 at 05:11 AM.
  4.    #4  
    While I look at why the "ignore" option does not work, a few things.

1) The "SIM ID" is actually the SIM IMSI number. Maybe I should change the text. You need not "Read" it, but can actually type-in the number from the SIM documentation. This is not your mobile number. It is also not your IMEI number.

2) The "SMS #:" is your friend's number, that will receive the SMS in case the SIM is replaced (ie. somebody without your knowledge does that, in case of an you loose your Treo).

3) I don't know why the "Ignore" option does not work. Maybe the firmware is different (and hence sends different notifications) in the 1.20-LAP version. It works on my (Unlocked) Cingular Treo 650. I need to check this. Also, try the "Hang-up" (red) hard-button, and let me know. (Have you checked the "Ignore" option?)

I'll try with an AirTel SIM.

The good thing is it did not crash or freeze your Treo.
    Last edited by GreenHex; 01/02/2007 at 09:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    While I look at why the "ignore" option does not work, a few things.

1) The "SIM ID" is actually the SIM IMSI number. Maybe I should change the text. You need not "Read" it, but can actually type-in the number from the SIM documentation. This is not your mobile number. It is also not your IMEI number.
    Ah, thanks, and I see now that your prefs page actually is in two sections, and that this ID, the SMS#, and registration, are only relevant if you want to check the Missing SIM box. Im not interested in that option for the moment (maybe I should be...), so I will leave it to other users (where are they??) to report back to you on that one.

3) I don't know why the "Ignore" option does not work. Maybe the firmware is different (and hence sends different notifications) in the 1.20-LAP version. It works on my (Unlocked) Cingular Treo 650. I need to check this. Also, try the "Hang-up" (red) hard-button, and let me know. (Have you checked the "Ignore" option?)
    I had checked the Ignore button. I dont have my friend or another phone here at the moment to try out the "Hang-up" button--tomorrow.

The good thing is it did not crash or freeze your Treo.
    Indeed, no problems at all; and your attention to Hede et al notifications has paid off. My PalmInternals speed test remains the same at "tics 625; time in secs 6."

Again, congrats on a nice piece of work. I had tried out SharkSMS, albeit rather desultorily, a while back and didnt get it to work, so I was very chuffed by how simply and without fuss your app did the job.
    Jai Bharata!

geoff
  6.    #6  
    Uploaded v1.0b3

Before trying out this version, be 100% sure that v1.0b2 does NOT work as expected for "Ignored" calls.

Also, one thing to watch out for in this version: SMS on phone power-down. If this happens please report back.

http://www.swCP3.com/TreoProc/
    how is this different form sharklinks?
    Treoing & Loving it
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    how is this different form sharklinks?
    I believe the the app you refer to is "SharkMsg" later enhanced and released as "LudusW". SharkMsg is freeware and LudusW is shareware.

See: http://www.ludustech.com
  9.    #9  
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    I havent tried either of the new versions yet, but I did try using the Red Button for "ignoring" a call with v1.0b2, and that definitely works. So for my purposes the program is now fully operational. thks.

Just thinking: since sending an SMS costs money, and there are many callers I dont want to waste that money on, is there some possibility of adding in a call-by-call option of NOT sending a message to undesired callers?

Also: the links to the new versions are not working with my edition of firefox; they do work with IE.
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 01/03/2007 at 02:41 AM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    I havent tried either of the new versions yet, but I did try using the Red Button for "ignoring" a call with v1.0b2, and that definitely works. So for my purposes the program is now fully operational. thks.
    I suggest you try with the on-screen "Ignore" button a few times and let me know. There should NOT be any difference, I don't see why.

Just thinking: since sending an SMS costs money, and there are many callers I dont want to waste that money on, is there some possibility of adding in a call-by-call option of NOT sending a message to undesired callers?
    Yeah, that is possible, but it makes the PRC huge and there is one other problem with that, the native "Missed Call" screen shows-up at odd times! Amazing. (have to figure this one out).

Also: the links to the new versions are not working with my edition of firefox; they do work with IE.
    Please check this again... I did not change anything here.

The direct links:
    http://www.swCP3.com/TreoProc/TreoPr...eo_650_GSM.zip
    http://www.swCP3.com/TreoProc/TreoProc_User_Manual.html

- mvk
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Cant try Ignore just yet, later.

Links:
    both the links in this your last post (#11) work fine with my firefox (although the manual is still showing up with dark blue background); but links to the new versions in your previous posts (#'s 6 and 9) yield a blank page with this message:

<%@ language=vbscript %> <% response.Expires=-1 %>
  13.    #13  
    Cant try Ignore just yet, later.

Links: both the links in this your last post (#11) work fine with my firefox (although the manual is still showing up with dark blue background); but links to the new versions in your previous posts (#'s 6 and 9) yield a blank page with this message:

<%@ language=vbscript %> <% response.Expires=-1 %>
    Ok.

If indeed it works the way you mentioned, you can use the RED button to send an SMS and the on-screen "Ignore" to NOT send an SMS.

- mvk
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Ok.

If indeed it works the way you mentioned, you can use the RED button to send an SMS and the on-screen "Ignore" to NOT send an SMS.

- mvk
    hehe, good point!!

still cant test anything out just yet, but will ASAP
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Hmm

I had a friend over tonite and tried (with the latest version) both the Ignore, Red Button and Missed Message "behaviours" ---this time none worked!! (I should point out that in all cases -including ones Ive reported as unsuccessful before-- there is a dialog box on the treo saying that an SMS is being sent--it just doesnt arrive)

..but my friend had tried to ring me ealier in the day, without me realising, and he had got an SMS for that missed call.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  16.    #16  
    Hmm

I had a friend over tonite and tried (with the latest version) both the Ignore, Red Button and Missed Message "behaviours" ---this time none worked!! (I should point out that in all cases -including ones Ive reported as unsuccessful before-- there is a dialog box on the treo saying that an SMS is being sent--it just doesnt arrive)

..but my friend had tried to ring me ealier in the day, without me realising, and he had got an SMS for that missed call.
    SMS is iffy at best. It is not guaranteed to be delivered. It is a wonder SMSs get across at all.

Since, you are getting the [TreoProc: Sending SMS] box, it means that the SMS is being sent. It also means the logic and implementation is correct, as otherwise the box would not appear.

All I can suggest is that you try it out for a few days and let me know.
    thanks for the correction, the question remains how is this different than LudusW or SharkMsg?
    Treoing & Loving it
    I see the SIM change function so please don't point that out. I believe LudusW is a better unattended SMS program.
    Treoing & Loving it
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    I see the SIM change function so please don't point that out. I believe LudusW is a better unattended SMS program.
    To each their own (beliefs).

Since you are insistent, I will agree that TreoProc is no better (your revised query) than LudusW.

As to being different (your original query), it does not have the extensive functionality of LudusW.

Further, maybe there is no place for all the variery of launchers, editors, calenders, clocks etc. when only one (the best!) can do the job.
    To each their own (beliefs).

Since you are insistent, I will agree that TreoProc is no better (your revised query) than LudusW.

As to being different (your original query), it does not have the extensive functionality of LudusW.

Further, maybe there is no place for all the variery of launchers, editors, calenders, clocks etc. when only one (the best!) can do the job.
    Thank you for the clarification, you can keep the sarcasm.
    Treoing & Loving it