1.    #1  
    I downloaded the trial version of xinno (v 3.4.1E)

I noticed that it's interface sucks. Sure it's fast, but pages look like crap (choppy text, words split and all over the page (especially on treo central))

Makes it a bit difficult to navigate through things.

I do LOVE the fact that when I leave the app, I dont have to back into it and wait for the page to load.

Also, there's no way to really get the font any smaller.. does anyone know if a font "smoother" will fix this? Is there anyway to get the page to look a bit different, or am I stuck with it's view?

also, howcome when I visit www.myspace.com all I get is a bunch of garbage text, and a "japanese beta version" myspace logo. Yet, some things are in english, some things are in jumble, some things look to be in japanese. I'm not typing in a japanese URL, so what gives?
    Xiino is made by a Japanese company, probably that's why you got the funny text.
    Their website is in readable format at http://www.mobirus.com/eng/products/Xiino/

Fonts can be adjusted using FontSmoother or Fonts4OS5 or alike (try before you buy).

I used it for a while on my T3 (with Wifi card) and was pretty happy with it (it sure did beat WebPro 3.1 !). I was even able to do some moderator activities on BrightHand using my T3/Xiino combo
    Haven't tried Blazer yet on my 680, but I think it will be even better then Xiino
    Last edited by holvoetn; 12/28/2006 at 02:55 PM. Reason: typo...
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Use www.skweezer.net for any pages that don't seem to render too well.
    I've been trying to figure that whole mess out too, and I cant figure out what needs to be done on Xiino to get NON japanese stuff to pop up.

Myspace does it, google does it, and even when you bookmark the english site, so its a pain.

I was hoping someone had a fix for it, or maybe there isn't one at all. You would think there would be certain versions for certain countries, but this was a straight download, and it sure isn't in english.

I mean I will sacrifice that for the speed over blazer, but as soon as a better browser comes out i'm dumping xiino because of that, and 2, they dont seem to be working on newer versions anymore.
    This is because Xiino uses some sort of proxy server to compress the images you are accessing.
    As suggest 1 post before yours, try skweezer.
    Personally I used mobileleap (www.mlvb.net).

Never had any issues with localization.
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    This is because Xiino uses some sort of proxy server to compress the images you are accessing.
    As suggest 1 post before yours, try skweezer.
    Personally I used mobileleap (www.mlvb.net).

Never had any issues with localization.
    I use skweezer already, but I dont have it set with those sites, so I could try that and see what happens. I have skweezer set for some sports scores and those are ok, so we'll see what happens. Never tried mlvb.net
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Is there anyway that Xiino's cache can be set to use the memory card instead of the handheld's memory.

Shame that you can't just the kingsize font size without 3rd party apps too.

Would I be right to assume that the product is no longer being updated now?
    In order of asking: No, agree, yes
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Cheers.

I've been trying out your recommendation of www.mlvb.net and it looks to do the job better than xiino (so far, but it looks like it won't be free forever).
    Hi all,
    When using Xiino I often get the "Accessing to card, please do not eject the medium" message. This message is very annoying since it usually takes a few seconds before it disappears. Moreover, I have no idea what it's looking for on the card, since my cache is in RAM. Anyone know why this message appears and/or how to get rid of it?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by qweewq11 View Post
    Hi all,
    When using Xiino I often get the "Accessing to card, please do not eject the medium" message. This message is very annoying since it usually takes a few seconds before it disappears. Moreover, I have no idea what it's looking for on the card, since my cache is in RAM. Anyone know why this message appears and/or how to get rid of it?

Thanks!
    If you have any Xiino-compatible web PAGES saved on the card, it will take an eternity for this message to go away. I no longer save pages and the message pops up and goes away quickly.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.