1.    #1  
    When the treo is in my pocket and i take it out and turn on the screen i'm never back and the MAIN SCREEN.

the keypad lock is on, but it will still jump to the one of the hotkeys, phone, calendar, mail, applications when the lock is on, but won't allow anything else to be pushed so when i unlock i'm now on a different screen.

does this make sense?
    If i push applications while taking the phone out, and then unlock the keypad i start on the applications screen.

I'd like to always start at main when unlocking the keypad and turning on the screen...is this possible?
    If you press the HOME key to wake it up you'll go to your applications launcher, and depending on how you've set up preferences will be to which icon or category that you will be returned.

If you press the "phone" key to wake up you should see the last phone screen view you exited.

If you use the "calender" key to wake up you'll see calender and the envelope key takes you to whatever app you have that mapped to.

All the buttons except the home key can be remapped in preferences> buttons. So that of course will influence what view you get when you wake up the device.

If you always want to start at the Main Phone screen then be certain to exit there. Also set up the Main screen as your default screen. ANd when waking the device always use the phone key as long as you keep it mapped to the phone app.

I have keylock activated so whatever key I useto wake up the device always requires me to press the center button before going any further.

Hope this helps!
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    What exactly do you mean with 'main screen' ?

Already tried simply pushing power ? That will return the last accessed screen.
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
  4.    #4  
    okay..i think i'm really bad at explaining my situations..

I have the keylock on so i have to push the center key.

What i want for it to do, when i unlock the keypad always go to the phone app with main screen. That would be how all nokia's work when you push the end key or unlock...

what i'm learning is that i do not have a nokia. As Forgewizard state if i wake the phone up by pressing the application button, it will start there after i push center key..and so on for each of the buttons.

so...recap...i'd like to push any of the 4 soft keys to wake the phone up and when i unlock the keypad have it already be at the main/phone screen.

does that make sense? i hope so...its always so late at night when i post!

I want to do this so anytime i push the red button to turn it on, it will be where i want to start.

I again realize that (i'm rambling) this is not a nokia. I am getting used to the fact it does pretty much everything...just have to think a little differently. Its organized very smartly and you can use the touch screen or keys very easily...compared to ----------->The tmobile mda (htc wizard pocket pc) was a joke compared to this. it can't even run googlemaps b/c its too slow (cingular 8125) and on tmobile they removed the java midlet...no java on a pocket pc?
    I am only guessing - but you might be able to map each of the main keys to one single application? You know - map them all to the phone app. Now I don't know if this is possible, or if it will meet your needs. I'll let you try it - my new device so far hasn't crashed and I'd really like to keep it that way!

oh and PS, No, you don't have a Nokia anymore - neither do I - well not as a phone to use. I've outgrown it. And that E62 device is just a humungous Nokia Phone - it really isn't usab;e as a PDA here in the states. Besides that screen isn't very clear either.
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
  6.    #6  
    yeah i'm loving my treo 680 and i just have to get used to it...when keylock is off you have to push the app you want. yeah i'm not changing anything b/c my batter seems fine and no crashing.
    I am not sure how you do it, but when my 680 is off, and I press the Phone button, Keyguard kicks in gear but after hitting centre I am redirected to Phone Main screen. Isn't that what you want ?

The other keys are used for other applications
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
  8.    #8  
    holvoetn, what i'm saying is that no matter what button i wake the treo up with, application, email, calendar, phone buttons i want it to go to the phone main screen.

sometimes in my pocket different buttons are pushed so after waking up phone and hitting keyguard it is where it last left off...i want it to know to go to the main screen.

i'm actually over this issue, b/c its not an issue, just different software than i'm used to. its not a problem.
    Exactly, it is not a Nokia
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop_dtx View Post
    holvoetn, what i'm saying is that no matter what button i wake the treo up with, application, email, calendar, phone buttons i want it to go to the phone main screen.

sometimes in my pocket different buttons are pushed so after waking up phone and hitting keyguard it is where it last left off...i want it to know to go to the main screen.

i'm actually over this issue, b/c its not an issue, just different software than i'm used to. its not a problem.
    Scoop_dtx:

It seems to me based on all my previous phones and my just retired Treo 600 that the keyguard should trap all keypresses until it is dismissed with a center button press.

When you say that sometimes in your pocket different buttons are pressed waking up the phone, could it be that the keyguard is not functioning properly and not trapping those inadvertent/accidental keypresses?

I believe it is a flaw in the sequencing of the keyguard, however others seem to think it implemented like that is by design...

This very odd keyguard implementation on my 680 is causing calendar alarms and alerts to be silenced because the keyguard is not trapping the first keypress... which is likely why you are having the problem with the phone waking up on different screens due to accidental "pocket keypresses".
  11.    #11  
    yes, correct.
    but..the only key presses that do something before key guard kicks in is
    the red button, phone, calendar, mail, launcher. the other keys are stopped.

palm is so hard to contact, anyone know their email address?