1. wzl
    My verichat expired. To my dismay, I saw that it's been discontinued. Oh noes! I looked for an alternative, but wow... they all basically suck.

So, a quick digging session led to a link that allowed me to renew my sub to verichat... sweet.

http://pdaapps.com/verichat/renew.html

enjoy.
    If you look closely at the discontinue list/notice, Verichat isn't there anymore, its all Samsung apps. Maybe its a sign, Verichat is back?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    yeah I logged in but there is nowhere to extend my subscription. says "store is closed". did they shut it down already?? how can i do this?
    Last edited by treoneo; 12/28/2006 at 02:05 AM.
    WZI probably just paid $25 for nothing. Sweet.
  5. wzl
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    WZI probably just paid $25 for nothing. Sweet.
    paid for nothing? nope. my verichat works again and has an expiration of dec 2007
  6. wzl
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    yeah I logged in but there is nowhere to extend my subscription. says "store is closed". did they shut it down already?? how can i do this?
    When I logged in, I clicked renew/upgrade products (bottom left), then it showed my verichat, expiration, and a "renew" link...
  7. wzl
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    If you look closely at the discontinue list/notice, Verichat isn't there anymore, its all Samsung apps. Maybe its a sign, Verichat is back?
    Homepage still shows:
    November 29th 2006

This Product Discontinuance Notification is to inform you of the intention of Nokia to discontinue selling the VeriChat product effective immediately
    what??? how did you do this? I couldn't do it. It won't let me log in. It just says in red "pdaapps store is closed. It is not even reading my email address or anything. No matter what I eneter in the box it says closed. They probably shut it off after you accessed it. damn

UPDATE I looked at the URL & it says I have entered wrong email & passcode. What is going on here?

https://store.pdaapps.com/index.php?...is%20incorrect.
    Last edited by treoneo; 12/28/2006 at 02:53 PM.
    yeah, it tells me its closed too.

i just wanted to see when they said mine would expire.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I just went to this site and downloaded Verichat 2.89b from the download page linked from the download tab at the top. I installed the application that initially stated it was a trial version, but when I checked the license under options, it states;

License Status: Licensed
    Service Expires On: Never
    Registration ID: 3********* (numbers hidden on purpose)
    License Code: .........................

Does this mean I have a full working version for free? If so, I'm not complaining. I did have a registered version I used on the 650 that I tried to install on the 680, but it kept crashing so I uninstalled it and tried IM+ and mundu, both not worth the money. Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by wzl View Post
    My verichat expired. To my dismay, I saw that it's been discontinued. Oh noes! I looked for an alternative, but wow... they all basically suck.

So, a quick digging session led to a link that allowed me to renew my sub to verichat... sweet.

http://pdaapps.com/verichat/renew.html

enjoy.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    If they kill the servers on their end, it won't matter if your license is set to expire or not.

Believe me, I'm all for Verichat staying around, there's nothing else that comes close.
    Quote Originally Posted by wzl View Post
    paid for nothing? nope. my verichat works again and has an expiration of dec 2007
    The expiration date is based on your serial number, not VeriChat's servers. My expiration happens to be "Never" on my copy, but I'm fairly certain that isn't possible The bottom line is, if VeriChat shuts down their servers, you're not getting on anymore. It doesn't matter what your expiration says.
    this is confusing. I guess I delete my copy & hope the preferences will be gone too. then redownload...
    The link didn't work for me on one of my licenses. I got the standard "Store Closed" message. I tried another license # that I have and that one worked fine. I paid 24.99 via paypal and it renewed me for another year. Now lets hope the servers stay up.
    My version of Verichat not says that it has expired. It was working fine for the last 18 months. It looks like support for Verichat is really over. Such a shame.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Support continues as long as you renew an account that has been active in the last six months. July 15th I beleive. if your account is older that that you wont be able to renew.
    Darn it. Just tried using Verichat and found similiar license expiry as above. Went to website and am unable to find link to renew it either

Did quick search and found a new Palm programme called Mobile Instant Messenger 4.0. What is attractive is it claims to support Google Talk as well but is that same as Gmail chat which I use? Will try download trial later this evening and see. Seems that it has only been released today! Cost 16 is pricy but worthwhile is it works as well as Verichat did
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodID=130155