1.    #1  
    The treo was dropped.

it turns on and seems to function normally. The keyboard doesn't quite work right. Some buttons work, some don't.

Because of that, I cannot enter my password to unlock the Treo.

Is there any way I can transfer my data to my new Treo without using the keyboard?
  2.    #2  
    fixed it. Basically, we took it apart and found that the bottom right "shift" key had been compressed to the point it was permantly depressed.
    We physically lifted that portion of the key panel (fiberous panel underneath the buttons) and voila.
    all good.
    Glad you solved your problem without having to buy a new Palm. In the future, keep in mind that Hotsync works without using the keyboard or screen, and that hotsyncing a new or freshly wiped Treo will make your PC ask you if you want to restore. Just plug it in and push the button on the cable.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pokey View Post
    Glad you solved your problem without having to buy a new Palm. In the future, keep in mind that Hotsync works without using the keyboard or screen, and that hotsyncing a new or freshly wiped Treo will make your PC ask you if you want to restore. Just plug it in and push the button on the cable.
    Thanks Pokey.

fyi - this was for my brother's Treo so excuse the lack of knowledge on the product...

but i was under the impression that if there was a password to lock the Treo, you could not hotsync until the Treo was unlocked...

?