Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I just bought a treo 650, And I have been using a treo 600. My question is I have everything backed up for my 600 on a sd card. (Programs and games) Will it cause problems if i just install the 600's sd card into the 650 and run it?

Or would i be better off beaming everything. Everything i have on the card is for 600 or 650 treo's. I just don't want to install the card into the 650 and find that it has some of the 600's settings that are going to cause a problem on the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by 240zron View Post
    Hi,
    I just bought a treo 650, And I have been using a treo 600. My question is I have everything backed up for my 600 on a sd card. (Programs and games) Will it cause problems if i just install the 600's sd card into the 650 and run it?

Or would i be better off beaming everything. Everything i have on the card is for 600 or 650 treo's. I just don't want to install the card into the 650 and find that it has some of the 600's settings that are going to cause a problem on the 650.
    Well, I just did approximately that. I took my old, beat up, hardly working 600, pulled the SD card out (with BackupMan on it) and popped it into my new Cingular unlocked 650. I had a few oddities, but it worked. I have worked out most of the issues too.

Here is my advise, take another card if you have one, or the same card if not, and make a backup of the 650 before restoring from your 600 backup. Then check functionality. In my case, I did this, found a few problems, and (not having done a full backup first, had to wipe my 650 back to factory, then I found that trying to hotsync left so many apps uninstalled, and unregistered, that it was less trouble to reload the 600 backup file and work out the bugs.

The only bug I have left is that the thing will reset if I sync with a cable. I can hotsync just fine via Bluetooth!

As long as you are prepared to wipe your 650 again, it shouldn't hurt to experiment.

Scott
    I did that, using Resco Explorer's backup utility. I also use the Changename freewae program to change the owner name and numeric ID on the 650 to be the same as it was on my old 600 (so that purchased apps would work). Almost everything worked fine, including the Java VM. I had to get rid of a couple of very minor items from the 600, but othewise all worked well.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad