1.    #1  
    I am new to digital music. Which program do you find works best with ptunes to download music? Also, is there a program to convert itunes songs that my wife has to a form that will work on ptunes? Thanks for helping a newbie.
    I would say a card reader works best to transfer music from your PC/Mac to the SD card.

For iTunes songs you'll need to burn them to a CD then rip as MP3.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Use ITunes and change the decoder setting to MP3 instead of AAC.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I am new to digital music. Which program do you find works best with ptunes to download music? Also, is there a program to convert itunes songs that my wife has to a form that will work on ptunes? Thanks for helping a newbie.
    Well, i don't use any program with pTunes to download songs. I just copy songs (mp3, WMA) to my SD card via a card reader. RealPlayer and Windows Media Player seem to work fine.

As for iTunes, are the songs purchased from the iTunes Store (copy protected DRM'ed AAC format and will only play on iPods) or you just have ripped music (from CD's....and other sources)?

If your tunes are not copy protected (iTunes purchased) and they are in mp3 or WMA format, just copy them to your SD card via a card reader and they'll play fine in pTunes.

P.S, i have the recently released pTunes 4 which now handles mp3, WMA/WMA DRM, AAC (non-protected), WAV and Ogg Vorbis.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Whilst I don't have a Treo, I download music to my T5 from my iTunes through Missing Sync. The new v5 version of Missing Sync has both an iTunes and iPhoto condult enabling you to sync selected playlists and albums to your palm.

But before you can contemplate this you need a Mac!
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
  6.    #6  
    fafafoooey,
    I checked on itunes. I cannot find where to change that setting. Help?

My wife has a lot of itunes songs. I would like to put some on my treo. Is there a way to convert the ones already downloaded?

Also, I tried buying songs on WM10 and it was a fiasco. They have so many stores to choose from and I could not get any of them to download to WM10 and themn ptunes.
    Doesn't everyone know about Google? I mean, a simple search like "convert itunes to mp3" might come up with some results. Or maybe something like "free music downloads" would bring up some interesting results.

Also, I think mOcean will play itunes music, but not positive the drm itunes.
    fafafoooey,

My wife has a lot of itunes songs. I would like to put some on my treo. Is there a way to convert the ones already downloaded?
    Downloaded from where??? Just answer that simple question first.
    If they are downloaded fom the iTunes Music store, they are copy protected and only play on iPods.

If not purchased, but ripped from CD's, friends or limewire'd, are they in mp3 format? if not, go into iTunes' Preferences, Advanced, Importing and set the import option to mp3. Go back to your iTunes library. select any song, right-click and select "Convert Selection to MP3".

iTunes is not a repository for your songs (so to speak) but a music jukebox software. Every song that shows up in your iTunes library is in a folder on your computer's HD and "not inside iTunes".

Depending on if you have iTunes set to manage your library, the default location is Documents/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music.
    Otherwise, your music is wherever you saved it on your HD.
    fafafoooey,

Also, I tried buying songs on WM10 and it was a fiasco. They have so many stores to choose from and I could not get any of them to download to WM10 and themn ptunes.
    The setting is under \Edit\Preferences, Advanced Tab, then Importing Tab.

I have never purchased from ITunes. I know this works for CDs. I would try Mero's suggestion. Try to write songs from ITunes to a CD, then import from the CD to Itunes, making sure the setting I mention is set, then you should be able to go to your library, and copy the MP3s from there to your SD card.