Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After changing the ESN to the phone I currently have activated on US Cellulars network...everything went fine I could get online, make and receive calls...except for MMS. Texts aren't comming in either, but I don't mind that too much, I'm curious if anyone knows anything about changing the MMS Server settings.
    What do you mean you activate in US network?
    No he means he's activated the phone with US Cellular, another wireless company.
  4.    #4  
    ^ What he said. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenII View Post
    After changing the ESN to the phone I currently have activated on US Cellulars network...everything went fine I could get online, make and receive calls...except for MMS. Texts aren't comming in either, but I don't mind that too much, I'm curious if anyone knows anything about changing the MMS Server settings.
    Hey Raven, I'm 'anythingbutmine' over at HoFo. Sounds like you're having the same trouble with your 700p on USCC as I am with my 650. I've found no way to edit the MMS settings to work properly; I do get incoming text but if they're from an outside network, there's some type of charset mismatch so I just get random symbols; texts from other USCC customers works tho. I was thinking of upgrading to the 700p when USCC finally rolled out EVDO, but if you're having the same problems I am with my 650, I might rethink things...
  6.    #6  
    Heyy!....haha, yeah what's up man, I actually made the cable to browse the phone with bitpim/qpst...as a matter of fact, the 700p has my E816 ESN on it, so US Cellular doesn't even know I have the treo on there...(First person to "repair" the ESN on the treo)...I know where the settings are in the NVM folder, but can't change them yet, I'm working on it, I'll keep you posted. Oh, and I also have that problem with inter-carrier texts...I thought my cousin was a retard at first, because all I saw was xloop in the text, weird. Take care.

P.S. If anyone knows, please feel free to share.
    Heyy!....haha, yeah what's up man, I actually made the cable to browse the phone with bitpim/qpst...as a matter of fact, the 700p has my E816 ESN on it, so US Cellular doesn't even know I have the treo on there...(First person to "repair" the ESN on the treo)...I know where the settings are in the NVM folder, but can't change them yet, I'm working on it, I'll keep you posted. Oh, and I also have that problem with inter-carrier texts...I thought my cousin was a retard at first, because all I saw was xloop in the text, weird. Take care.

P.S. If anyone knows, please feel free to share.
    I believe I read in your other thread you changed the MMS settings... could you tell us how you did that for future reference?

PS - Do you think you could PM me your instructions on how to "repair" the ESN? Mine seems to be broken
  8.    #8  
    Here we are, MMS Settings for all...

It's not exactly easy, nor is it a clean way of doing it....nor could you receive MMS yet, Buttttt....after getting a cable/making a cable Like this you could load up qpst and look in the NVM folders for a file called nvm_palm0...if you save that from your phone and open it with a Hex Editor, you'll notice the server settings, along with your #@dun.vzw.com....which you could change too. I changed all instances of anything related to @dun.vzw.com to @mms.uscc.net along with the MMS server to http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS.

Again, I could send but not receive, I have yet to find enough time to dedicate to this, also, i don't know how many people are honestly interested. I'll update as time goes.

If you guys want, I'll edit it for you, it's very easy to screw it up with a hex editor. IF you guys are going to do it on your own, PLEASE make sure you back up the original file, make a copy or something...Weasel Check your PM on hofo...later people.
    I can't get it to work (Telus 700p) turned on passthrough, the bitpim says (tried in both linux and windows) "reading phone file system" and stays there. I used pins 10,11,8 (rx,tx,gnd) and not the usb ones 8,7,6,5. I measured the voltage between tx and gnd (11,8) but there is no voltage. is there suppose to be some floating voltage??

Has anyone else tried it ? Thanks

I saw Ravenii post at http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=37980 for the ESN Repair solution. but I can't even get my serial cable to connect.
    Last edited by kocoman; 01/07/2007 at 07:38 AM.
  10.    #10  
    Man, I just followed the cable building guide that shadowmite had posted on his site to a T...I mean word for word step by step...I can't imagine why it's not reading it...you did #*#3424# (verizon)...I don't know what that would be for the telus one....maybe ##3424#?
    I can get the passthrough enabled message to show, but it doesn't connect, even in theathered mode. There was a user on shadowmite that post the same problem in the 700p forum (he used the SAME 650 working cable, but doesn't work on 700p), and in the howardforums I get "no romtool works for the 700p and zero out reset doesn't work for the 700p. So I think your screwed."

So you are the only one that did it I think.. but the 700p was released back in May 2006... has anyone else able to get it working? There is very little discussion about it because its new/expansive. I don't really want to run the "update" that palm releases in Q1 2007 to fix the lags/bt etc, because it might lockout the feature you are using. anyways I will try more again later.
  12.    #12  
    Nope, there's one more person that tried it. I don't think that I did anything differently. Keep in mind that the directions for the cable are somewhat wierd, when making it, you need to go from TX on the connector, to RX on the board. RX on the connector to TX on the board, and Ground is Ground on the back side of the board. Also make sure the cable says PL2303 (I think that's what it needs to be)...let me know what your progress is.

Either way, the few things that are typically over looked would be, drivers for the cable...it [I]needs[I] drivers, make sure that under "ports" in the device manager, you see something that says (along the lines of) "prolific USB-to-Serial"...or something like that.

Aside from that, make sure that you actually [I]tell[I] Bitpim what port to use, don't expect it to detect the phone automatically. Go into the setup and select the port (Prolific USB-to-Serial) then try again.
    Last edited by RavenII; 01/08/2007 at 10:09 AM.
    I have 2 pl2303, one 3.3v and one with the 5v mod. they work for the sb5100 serial console for me, and nokias in the past. I measured the pin 10 and got 3v while pin 11 also 3v. but RX is not suspose to have voltage. Anyway does the serial cable work when you put it in bootloader mode? Why hasn't anyone else here try it?? I understand what you mean by TX(Treo) to RX (pl2303).

In tether mode can you type in "AT" commands? maybe my Telus v1.40 rom has its serial disabled??

Nope, there's one more person that tried it. I don't think that I did anything differently. Keep in mind that the directions for the cable are somewhat wierd, when making it, you need to go from TX on the connector, to RX on the board. RX on the connector to TX on the board, and Ground is Ground on the back side of the board. Also make sure the cable says PL2303 (I think that's what it needs to be)...let me know what your progress is.

Either way, the few things that are typically over looked would be, drivers for the cable...it [I]needs[I] drivers, make sure that under "ports" in the device manager, you see something that says (along the lines of) "prolific USB-to-Serial"...or something like that.

Aside from that, make sure that you actually [I]tell[I] Bitpim what port to use, don't expect it to detect the phone automatically. Go into the setup and select the port (Prolific USB-to-Serial) then try again.
    If I run the bootloader v0.14 and the serial pl2303 there IS output (same as usb output). BUT when palmos starts there is no output. So my cable is working. It seems palm disabled serial (even Tethered Mode/bitpim) for my version of palm v1.40 Telus CDMA. Can I flash your version on it and see if thats the case?
  15.    #15  
    There's no way man, no way to flash with different ROM, and no way for them to block out ##DIAG# (#*#DIAG#)...it's diagnostics, they'd need that at the factory I could imagine. There has to be something wrong here. Don't get too complicated with voltages and readings, it's rather simple, it either works or not...are you absolutely sure that you made the harness correctly? I mean absolutely positive? I'm not calling you a moron or anything, but there has to be something being overlooked here.
    There's no way man, no way to flash with different ROM, and no way for them to block out ##DIAG# (#*#DIAG#)...it's diagnostics, they'd need that at the factory I could imagine. There has to be something wrong here. Don't get too complicated with voltages and readings, it's rather simple, it either works or not...are you absolutely sure that you made the harness correctly? I mean absolutely positive? I'm not calling you a moron or anything, but there has to be something being overlooked here.
    I have tested with 2 pl2303 cables (one is 3.3v output and the other 5v output) both show output in bootloader. but not anything after palm boots. I think its serial driver is missing on purpose. does anyone have a serial driver that I can install? I am using Telus v1.40 maybe thats why. the newer version disable/block serial access. how can I test it to make sure it is disabled??
  17.    #17  
    Aside from ##diag# there's a passthrough code....but again, if you enable it...and it says pass through enabled, it should work. There's no 2 ways about it. Are you absolutely sure that you have the com-ports setup correctly? Again, voltages don't mean anything.
    Can the Bitpim work over bluetooth?
    Can anyone tell me more about the AT$QCDMG ? I get ERROR instead in Treo 700p.

Can anyone post their successful Bitpim (BREW) logs output??
    Bitpim will not work over Bluetooth. Even if it did, that would be a very dangerous method. Wireless is not as reliable as wired.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast