thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dluc_yang View Post
    anybody can send me a nvm backup ?,
    I think my 700p nvm was ruined
    thanks
    How did you ruin the nvm??
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    How did you ruin the nvm??
    I Just guess that , may be ruined ,my 700p was a second hand smartphone,so i am not sure

I found my nvm was different from others ,through pl2303 I found nvm lost some files , some one told me may be nvm was destroyed ,so i want a back up to restore
    thanks
    my msn :dluc_yang@hotmail.com
    Well atleast I am not the only one.

I need a copy of the Sprint nvm_palm0 file if anyone has it.

toddwhaley@mail2web.com
    Did you make a backup of your NV RAM with CDMAUpdater before doing the bitpim/qpst?

What you can do is to get a Sprint NV BACKUP, edit it to put back your ESN, do a:

How to make treo to run on other network by ESN repair
    Perquisites:

1. Treo 700P handset
    2. USB data cable
    3. MTTY 1.42
    4. Treo 650 boot loader driver
    5. SD / MMC card. Do not use Mini / Micro SD with adaptor as mentioned on palm site. I dont know. I used MMC card.
    6. Resco explorer to copy files from ROM to SD card.
    7. CDMA updater program files

Attached RAR file contains:

1. Drivers
    2. MTTY 1.42
    3. Resco explorer
    4. CDMA updater (Attached for sprint, I tested same file from verizon on my sprint phone and it works so this file must work on verizon too.)

How to do it:

1. Insert you SD card in to treo, treo will automatically create file system. Where you will see following folder tree Palm -> Launcher, all .prc files or programmes are to be copied in launcher folder. Alternatively you can hotsync these two file to your device too. If you choose hot syncing, remember to uninstall hotsync and reboot your computer, else your phone may not be detected

2. Copy CDMA updater .prc program file and *_en*.oprc language files to launcher folder of memory card.

3. Launch CDMAFirmwareUpdater.prc after a while, white screen, it will lauch, press butten similar to right click, it is bottom right button, next to ALT key, select debug, select Backup NV option, unselect all other options. and run UPDATE now.

4. After some time it will say that backup sucessful etc.

5. Launch Resco explorer, go to Drive Named RAM0 and find CDMA NV BACKUP.PDB, copy it to SD card.

6. Download file to your computer.

Here is next step to write ESN to back up file and its very important.

1. Open file with any hex editor, in my phone back up I found important data at following address:

SPC: If you want your phone to programmed by *228, then this is important code: 0000F770
    MSL, this code is used to access phone nam programming: 0000F670
    ESN: Esn found 3 locations, I dont know why, but when I made mistake on one location, phone kept on rebooting when I entered ##MSL# code. SO I changed ESN at all locations. ESN is in reverse

1: 0000CF00
    2. 0000CFA0
    3. 0000EA40

Copy modified file to Memory card.

Once you update all this, means you have prepared necessary stuff to repair SN on handset.

Then

1. Install bootloader driver.

2. Connect your handset to PC with USB cable. Press button on hotsync cable for a while, Once you get message that palm hot sync detected, dial ##UPST# and phone will be in boot loader mode.

3. Your computer will detect USBSYNC hardware.

4. Launch MTTY 1.42, select USB port and start.

5. Once connected type

cdmar bl usb

It will answer:
    +CDMARouterCommnad...CDMA Mode = bl, PC Port = usb, CDMA Uart Speed = 115200

Type: nverase
    Answer: Identify INTEL Combo Flash !

Identify INTEL Combo Flash !

Erase NV Item Data Done!

CDMA DBG>

Now done, Reboot phone, by disconnecting and removing battery.

Once phone is rebooted:

Insert memory card.
    Launch Resco explorer
    Copy back file from memory card to RAM0, when asked, overwrite existing file.
    Lauch CDMA updater, and select debug, uncheck all option except restore NV.
    Check and verify MSL by dialing ##MSLCODE# and ESN in phone -> option -> phone info.

Once NV back up is restored, you are done, you have NEW SN, SPC and MSL on handset. you can dial *228 to activate or PRL update as supported by your operator.

If you have MIN available with you then:

dial ##MSL# and edit Mobile number to your MIN and MSID to your MIN.

dial ##data# and select advance

Options Required:

1. Vocoder EVRC=1 (Most digital network support EVRC)
    2. Home NID: Your operators NID code
    Home NID: Your operators SID code
    MCC: Your contry code
    MNC: Your mobile network code

Special thanks to Kocoman for being very helpful in teaching me this and guiding me. This guide is posted with his permission.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    C&P from howardforums

Verizon 1.22 treo update may disable #*#DIAG passthru mode!
    Passthru mode allows my computer to talk directly to the radio portion of the phone, bypassing the pda entirely. I use this mostly for reprogramming sprint and verizon phones for use on the cricket network, and for obtaining SPC codes for carrier-locked phones. This mode is only exposed via a serial interface, and requires a serial data cable.

If you use a standard USB hotsync cable, which 99% of people do, then this potential problem doesn't apply.

---------------------

HOWEVER, if you have a Treo 650/7xx serial cable, I would advise caution before performing this update. More importantly though, I'm asking for help in confirming this as a legit problem, by taking a few extra minutes to test out QPST/BitPim before you update, and after you update. If you're able to see the phone using QPST after you update, I'd love to get copy of your nvBackup.dat, which the updater creates, and I can go into more detail about this is needed.

I updated two Treos, a 700w and a 700wx. I have /nvm files I pulled from both phones using QPST. After the update, no software I have will see either phone, including CDMA Workshop. I tried my notebook, using a serial-usb adapter, and also my desktop, taking in straight serial. I have no problems using QPST with a Treo 650 I have lying around.

Exhibit #1:
    Verizon Treo 700w firmware 1.10
    Using QPST I made a backup copy /nvm folder, which I always try to do when working on a phone for someone.

After updating the phone to 1.22, passthru mode was activated without any error messages. QPST would not see the phone, but for me, QPST often won't see a Treo. No big deal, let's try something else. Well, I became worried when CDMAWorkshop would not see the phone, nor would any other piece of software I tried.

Exhibit #2:
    Sprint Treo 700wx firmware (uh, can't remember)
    Using QPST, I copied the /nvm folder, just like I did with the 700w. I managed to install the Verizon 1.22 update on this Sprint 700wx, after which I could no longer see the phone in passthru mode.

Updating a Sprint 700wx with the verizon 1.22 update is probably cause for discussion, but long story short, it was just another step in my attempt to get 1x data going on cricket. After some reading, concensus is that it's not possible with a sprint 700wx, and I can say I didn't have much luck. My next logical step then was to convert this sprint 700wx into a verizon 700wx, thereby removing sprint from bring a problem. And it woulda worked to, if it wasn't for that pesky passthru mode not working.

I know I'm not looking forward to flashing a bunch of soon-to-be-retired-or-sold 700w's to cricket without the aide of passthru mode. Data will be a real pain.

Thanks,
    Jay
    Thanks Kocoman for such a detailed instruction set.

I am trying to get away from Sprint and move to Page Plus to save some badly needed $$. I'll be going with kittywireless.com as they seem to have awesome tech suport. So I need to modify with their info.

However I do still need to get some things if they are available from you. (The rar attachment is not showing) Boot Loader Driver for Treo 700p (or 650?), CDMA updater program files.

Can you help with this?
    Last edited by CGalvan; 02/12/2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: update
    Hi All,

Sorry to bump an old thread, but was little confused with following:

SPC: If you want your phone to programmed by *228, then this is important code: 0000F770
    MSL, this code is used to access phone nam programming: 0000F670
    ESN: Esn found 3 locations, I dont know why, but when I made mistake on one location, phone kept on rebooting when I entered ##MSL# code. SO I changed ESN at all locations. ESN is in reverse

1: 0000CF00
    2. 0000CFA0
    3. 0000EA40

Copy modified file to Memory card.
    Changed ESN with what? I am noob and trying to learn to program my Treo 755p.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12