Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    One ugly BT headset.I would not put it on my dog in fear of someone kicking him.Pretty sad day in BT technology when you must scarifies style for performance.
    I am actually attracted to the design! But not everyone is attracted to superior things...(i.e. BMW's Bangle designs, most gaming computers, etc)! By the way, stylish people DONT wear BT headsets! (Yes, I am including myself, who likes style but doesnt consider style my defining attribute)
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    P.S. Shame on the person that would think of kicking an innocent dog regardless of what he was wearing.
    You misread Slingboxes quote.

I personally think the Jawbone is pretty sleak looking, but didn't like the performance so after having to deal with it for 24 days I returned it. I was tired of the constant volume fluctuation based on background noise, and the clipping was annoying (Treo 680, Treo 750), and people would try to talk but I was not able to hear them when I was talking. People also could tell when I was on the Jawbone because they said I kept cutting out....See Clipping. :-)
    I recently purchased a Jawbone for my Verizon 700p but will be returning it. The problems I had with it are as follows:

1. It is very hard to put on quickly (I am not the type to wear one all day long), though I am sure I would get better at this over time.

2. It is hard to get a good fit because the ear loop are not flexible and can't be bent to fit snuggly around your ear. Also, see #4.

3. The sound in my ear was very tinny and lacking body. This was much worse than my wired Plantronics headset.

4. Though the sensor was touching my face, the sound on the receiving side was very thin and tinny. However, when I pressed the headset against my face, the sound quality improved dramatically for the receiving side. This is a problem because there was no way that I could get the fit to be that tight against my face. I am guessing this headset may work best with people who don't have a lot of facial fat, which would enhance sound conductivity through bone.

Despite my issues with the Jawbone, it is still a very good headset. However, I think the following is an important point. If you are currently using a very good wired headset (I use an excellent Plantronics headset), then you will probably be disappointed with the sound quality of all bluetooth headsets. At this time, I think that going from a wired to a wireless headset will inevidatably involve a loss of inbound and outbound sound quality.

Hope this helps.
    There is no sound conductivity through bone with the \"Jawbone\" headset. It is a marketing scam.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Any reviews of Jawbone used with VZW Treo 700WX??
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    I recently purchased a Jawbone for my Verizon 700p but will be returning it. The problems I had with it are as follows:

1. It is very hard to put on quickly (I am not the type to wear one all day long), though I am sure I would get better at this over time.

2. It is hard to get a good fit because the ear loop are not flexible and can't be bent to fit snuggly around your ear. Also, see #4.

3. The sound in my ear was very tinny and lacking body. This was much worse than my wired Plantronics headset.

4. Though the sensor was touching my face, the sound on the receiving side was very thin and tinny. However, when I pressed the headset against my face, the sound quality improved dramatically for the receiving side. This is a problem because there was no way that I could get the fit to be that tight against my face. I am guessing this headset may work best with people who don't have a lot of facial fat, which would enhance sound conductivity through bone.

Despite my issues with the Jawbone, it is still a very good headset. However, I think the following is an important point. If you are currently using a very good wired headset (I use an excellent Plantronics headset), then you will probably be disappointed with the sound quality of all bluetooth headsets. At this time, I think that going from a wired to a wireless headset will inevidatably involve a loss of inbound and outbound sound quality.

Hope this helps.
    This is true across the board...unless youre coming from a crappy wired headset! But I love my Jawbone, and I have a 'meatier' cheek. I do agree that the sound is tinny when compared to some headsets, but I use a Jabra EarGel and it compensates for that. If only they used a better speaker...but then battery life would suffer and the design would have to be bigger.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123