1.    #1  
    I have been reading up on this for days and days. I downloading a copy of the ROM from my phone using the grack tool. Below is my pertinent Phone Info.

UnLocked Cingular GSM
    Firmware:01.71 Hardware:A
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Now in looking at my ROM image I see all of the overlays for each bprc file. My ROM include 5 overlays for each bprc (deDE, enUS, esES, frFR, itIT). Now if I am using my phone in English and always will, can I remove all instances of deDE, esES, frFR, itIT whether I am removing the bprc associated with it or not? It seems to me that this would really reduce the size of the ROM. Please correct me if I am wrong, I am new to this and researching as much as I can.

So, to summarize, can I create a custom ROM with no deDE, esES, frFR, or itIT files with no ill effects? Thanks in advance for your help. Much appreciated.
    It's not a dumb question. You can remove all the other languages. Obviously, make sure you leave every instance of the English. In other words, be careful, there's lots of files. You will have a smaller ROM, and in my experience a much more stable phone. I never have any resets since trimming all the extras out of ROM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks man. Much appreciated.
    I concur. I did the same with Verizon, plus I deleted Clock*.* (I use PalmaryClock), Real*.* (I use PocketTunes), Handango*.* (sends you to Handango's website to buy applications), ScientificCalc*.* (I use PalmaryCalc), ToDo*.* (I never use Tasks), Tutorial*.* (if you're doing custom ROMS, you don't need Tutorial...), and ProvAppRedirector.prc (relates to over-the-air syncing, which I don't do.) Total file count dropped from 426 to 292. Zero problems.
    Hi to anybody
    very interested in doing the same but since illiterate\newbee do not know how. any place i could find detailed instructions??
    Thanks for your help if poosible
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS