Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

For those with TomTom 5, it looks like we can get the new application and maps for $49 (though it also looks like some customers can qualify for a free upgrade, presumably based on purchase date, but I don't know). There's a link right off the main tomtom.com page.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mfield View Post
    Hi,

For those with TomTom 5, it looks like we can get the new application and maps for $49 (though it also looks like some customers can qualify for a free upgrade, presumably based on purchase date, but I don't know). There's a link right off the main tomtom.com page.

Marc
    Really? That is just what I was looking for, but can't find the link. (Site seems to be down right now.)

Can someone post a direct?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilme2 View Post
    Really? That is just what I was looking for, but can't find the link. (Site seems to be down right now.)

Can someone post a direct?
    There's an ad on the main page that says you can get the newest, most accurate map data. Click, and it will take you to a page where you can enter your serial number and see what upgrade pricing is available to you. I'd post the direct link, but I'm also not able to reach tomtom.com right now.

Marc
    Here's the direct link for US customers:
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/...nguage=4&D=41#
    Also, here's a thread that has some further info about map updates/upgrades.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=132104
    Trying to order upgrade. Ticking me off the whole will they send Version 6 or not issue. Then I get the below when I "submit" my order...

HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
    Paypal to pay for the upgrade? What a bunch of #&^^cking amateurs TomTom is...
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    My upgrade went through before Christmas but I have to wait 3 to 6 weeks for delivery. Argh!
    Have they updated the Western Europe Maps yet? They were almost as useless as the old US TT5 maps when I was there a few weeks ago.
    OK, I got the package today. Just the maps according to the box. The DVD case clearly says for Navigator 6. I am so mad. Luckily for TomTom their customer service is closed. Now first thing tomorrow I will be on the phone.

Now that 6 is a stand-alone product, I don't want the maps. I want an upgrade. I just spent $150 in June (and another $50 for maps that don't work), so don't expect me to pay another red cent. I want 6 and updated maps for what I have already paid!
    wilme2,

Please let us know what you find out. I purchased the same upgrade, which the web site said was an upgrade to Navigator 6. I haven't received mine yet.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    According to this this post in BT Forum that box IS the Navigator V6 product.

Did you try to install it?

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    No, but based on how it is labeled, I really doubt that it is included... I keep TomTom on my home PC and am at work now, so don't want to try to load it. On hold with TomTom now while I eat my lunch. My first attempt ended in "all circuits busy", so I don't think this is a good sign...
    Well, after waiting 28 minutes on hold for TomTom customer service (the hold system told me it would be approximately 10 minutes), the call was dropped. I can't swear it was TomTom who dropped me, as the new phone system at the office is flaky.

Still...
    Not TomTom. &^%% VOIP PBX rebooted itself...

Now all I get when TomTom transfers to the Navigator queue is "all circuits busy"... And that IS TomTom's fault...
    Last edited by wilme2; 01/11/2007 at 12:52 PM.
    Step back and look at what's actually on the CD. If you can't do that at work then wait until you get home before going off. According to everything I've seen, the maps include the upgrade if your device is compatible with Nav 6. There are several indications of that on Tomtom's site.
    DVD. I borrowed one of my employees PCs with a DVD drive, and I don't see any indication that Navigator is included. (I didn't install the app, Home, it asked to install).

I disagree about Tomtom's site and all their communications, it definitely does not make this clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilme2 View Post
    I disagree about Tomtom's site and all their communications, it definitely does not make this clear.
    You are right. Their site is confusing. Part of the problem is the multiple sites for various countries. I find I sometimes end up in the UK site rather than the US site. Anyway, I was remembering the following answer from the UK site. I have to agree, it is not linked to the US site so it's not clear that it applies to a US map purchase. I'm still waiting to receive mine (ordered 12/21) but will install as soon as I do. I'll be satisfied with just the maps but am still hoping Nav6 will be included as well.
    http://www.tomtom.com/support/soluti...age=1&FID=6498
    Note: if this link does not work for you, try changing to UK in the dropdown on the upper right of the screen.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I Just received my upgrade. It definitely is TT6.65. It also comes with a new card with the map license on it.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    After playing with it awhile (no documentation with upgrade, had to track down on their website to figure out how to install!), I wish the contacts portion could be sorted by company instead of name only. Maybe there is a way to do this. My native contacts are sorted by company but TT only seems to pull up contact name, not the company they work for.
    Well it does come with a new version of the software.

As previously stated, there are no real directions - You load the "Home" software on your PC, then put your SD card into a reader, and everything goes onto the card. Once complete, you run the app (from the card!), and it will ask you if you want to overwrite the old version in memory.

I haven't had much time to play, but the big news for me is that you can plan a route across the country all at once. (No more changing maps! Cross country trips were a joke!). I loaded the entire North America map at 1.4gb, plus the app and all the english voices, and still have 400mb left on my 2gb card.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast