Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 85
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    I believe it was to expire 3/31 but was entended to 4/15. Have you tried entering your product code on the map update page?
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/?Lid=4

    woohoo. barely got my upgrade in time!
    Link still works and 50 dollar special still on.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  2. #62  
    I’m having an issue with TT6. In TT5 when I was searching by POI it could search under a category called “store,” this option seems to be gone rendering about 70% of my POI searches worthless. Also, living in the DC area I find their POI database on monuments and memorials to be totally lacking and worse than TT5s POI database. I have to assume something went wrong with my POI installation, but wanted to verify that it wasn’t just me before I went through a delete and reinstall. Anyone else seeing this same thing?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  3. #63  
    AnteL0pe - Have you tried downloading the free Retail Stores POI database?
  4. n0m0n's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    #64  
    I needed to get direction for a trip I am on and it took 4 minutes to get TT6 to gather the needed info and generate the driving plan.
    During the 4 minutes I d
    must have driven past the calculated turn because then it needed to recalculate a change in location.
    Hence another 4 minutes.
    This is fun!!!!!!
    JW
  5. #65  
    I just returned from a trip to the Southeast and after the 1st week, Nav6 started talking a very long time to calculate routes and go through multiple calculations of the same route (don't believe I had passed a turn but it just seemed to begin recalculating as soon as the first calculation was complete). I tried reloading the program and some add-on POI data I was using but it didn't help. However, when I reloaded the US-SE region map, the problem went away. I now realize that the map around my hotel location was very fragmented with many missing street segments. The re-installed map appears to be complete. So, it might be worth reloading the map if you are having calculation problems.
  6. n0m0n's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    #66  
    Which file?
    There are 3 sets or groups of maps to reinstall.
    Thanks
    JW
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Which file?
    There are 3 sets or groups of maps to reinstall.
    Thanks
    I just used Tomtom Home to reinstall the US Southeast Region map which is the one I was using and having trouble with. I didn't have the Tomtom CD with me but had saved a copy of the map to my PC after the initial installation.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    AnteL0pe - Have you tried downloading the free Retail Stores POI database?
    I've tried a couple times to do it from the Treo and even though it says it has downloaded it it never seems to isntall. I'm going to try via the TT desktop software and a card reader today. Though reading the description of this POI set says it has "more than a dozen" retail stores, that doesnt sound like the list of retail stores i had in the previous version. Currently I literally have no stores in TT, nothing, not big chains not small local stores. Is that normal?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe View Post
    Im having an issue with TT6. In TT5 when I was searching by POI it could search under a category called store, this option seems to be gone rendering about 70% of my POI searches worthless.
    Have you tried the Shop or Shopping Center categories? Shop includes most of the major chain stores I frequent (plus a lot more). Also the "Any POI category" button works if you can type in part of the store's name but you have to choose a radius distance for that search.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    Have you tried the Shop or Shopping Center categories? Shop includes most of the major chain stores I frequent (plus a lot more). Also the "Any POI category" button works if you can type in part of the store's name but you have to choose a radius distance for that search.
    I don't have a "Shop" category and the "Shopping Center" one only lists the shopping centers by name, not the shops in them. The "Any POI category" is a great new feature, but still doesn't return results on any stores but the largest retail chains. With the US Retail Stores installed it's better, but it still doesn't seem to have anywhere near the number of stores that were in TT5. I don't have listings for any local stores, it seems like it's just a few nationwide chains that are in the POI DB, I can't even plug in the name of a grocery store around here and get a result.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe View Post
    I don't have a "Shop" category
    That is strange. I can select the Shop category and it brings up a very long list of businesses near the POI location I specify. If I then type in part of the store name (such as Safe for Safeway, I get a sublist of Safeway stores (up to 60 miles away). You might want to try re-installing the map files.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    That is strange. I can select the Shop category and it brings up a very long list of businesses near the POI location I specify.
    So you actually have a "Shop" category, huh? I too only have Shopping Centers. Hmm...
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    So you actually have a "Shop" category, huh? I too only have Shopping Centers. Hmm...
    Yes. The icon is a little shopping cart. The Shopping Centers category has a similar icon with a little roof over the cart. I am using regional maps and don't have the DC area map installed but the SE region and my home area map region both have it.
  14. #74  
    I have the usa_and_canada map installed and no 'Shop' category, nor is it an optional POI to add. I'll have to try re-installing the map tonight but I doubt that will change anything.
  15. ggward's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I have the usa_and_canada map installed and no 'Shop' category, nor is it an optional POI to add. I'll have to try re-installing the map tonight but I doubt that will change anything.
    I am able to elect the shopping POI via the handheld preferences. Works for me.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    ......
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    I am able to elect the shopping POI via the handheld preferences. Works for me.
    Which map do you have installed? I'm going to try installing a smaller map and see if "Shop" is available then. I'm guessing that adding all of the "Shop" data to the full US map may have made is too large so it was left off, kinda kills some of the usefulness of the full US map.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe View Post
    I'm going to try installing a smaller map and see if "Shop" is available then. I'm guessing that adding all of the "Shop" data to the full US map may have made is too large so it was left off, kinda kills some of the usefulness of the full US map.
    Bingo! Man that sucks....
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  18. ggward's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe View Post
    Which map do you have installed? I'm going to try installing a smaller map and see if "Shop" is available then. I'm guessing that adding all of the "Shop" data to the full US map may have made is too large so it was left off, kinda kills some of the usefulness of the full US map.
    Antelope, I am using the "West" Maps. I would guess that TT did disable the shop data on a full size map. That doesn't make sense to me either.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    ......
  19. #79  
    I have version 6.010. Both my NY map, as well as the North America map, have the "Shop" and "Shopping Center" poi categories.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    I have version 6.010. Both my NY map, as well as the North America map, have the "Shop" and "Shopping Center" poi categories.
    How do you check the map version, i always forget? When using the "USA and Canada" map i lose the "Shop" category. I'll check with the NA map installed.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions