Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 85
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger505 View Post
    ... I finally figured out how to install the new $49.00 upgrade to Navigator 5 to Nav 6 with the new upgraded maps.
    If you look closely at the un-captioned pictures on the TomTom DVD package, it actually shows you exactly what to do. However, I agree that you sort of need to know what to do already before the pictures make much sense.
    Kenji
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    tiger505: Thanks for the installation process, that should be very helpful. One question; I am assuming you left Nav 5 on your Palm and that's how it recognized the need for an upgrade? I'm sure that sounds like a stupid question, but I want to verify that I do not need to remove Nav 5 from the Treo first.

    TIA
    Yes you have to leave Nav 5 on your device, remember this is an upgrade. When you put back in your SD card Tomtom sees that have an older version and asks if you want to replace with the newer Version (Nav 6)...
    Tiger
  3. #43  
    On a T650 can TT be run entirely from the SD card, if not how much memory does it require.
  4. jonsdad's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by feivel View Post
    So the 5.201 version started all these issues needing more dbCache than was available. Did v6 fix this, or make it worse?
    I think it's about same, but I found a easier way to fix this.

    I used to run mReset or meminfo to rest or clear the memory, but now I just start blazer. I am running the latest firmware of Verizon 650.

    I start the blazer and when prompted to connect to the network, I just hit the home key or the phone key, and restart TT. The blazer seem to clear the dbcache.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    DO NOT hotsync to install TT6.
    Thanks JohnH59. You were my answer guy when I first got TT5 on my 650. I guess you're continuing in that role with TT6 and the 700p.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger505 View Post
    Yes you have to leave Nav 5 on your device, remember this is an upgrade.
    I'm not sure that's the case. I've seen another post that said they uninstalled first. I did not uninstall and now wish I had. It left the old Nav5 maps on the Treo and also all of the old map.cfg files in internal memory for the various Nav5 map regions I had installed previously. I went back and manually removed the .cfg files but in the process, seem to have lost the ability to launch Nav6 from Palms internal launcher. It still launches just fine from the SD. Will have to see if I can recover that or perhaps finally move to another launcher that can more easily launch SD based programs.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone View Post
    On a T650 can TT be run entirely from the SD card, if not how much memory does it require.
    Yes it appears so. It's difficult to tell since TT seems to have found a way to mask the creator id from their files. I'm not really sure where the bulk of the program is stored but believe it's on the SD. The start.prc file is still both on the card and internal (maybe be a hold over from Nav5) but it's small.
  8. wbwjr's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger505 View Post
    Yes you have to leave Nav 5 on your device, remember this is an upgrade. When you put back in your SD card Tomtom sees that have an older version and asks if you want to replace with the newer Version (Nav 6)...
    Tiger
    I uninstalled Nav 5 before installing the 6 upgrade (on a 700P). I didn't have any problems whatsoever.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    I uninstalled Nav 5 before installing the 6 upgrade (on a 700P). I didn't have any problems whatsoever.
    Can you launch Nav 6 from either the basic palm launcher or the SD? Deleting Nav 5 files after install caused me to loose the internal icon but a soft reset brought it back so all is well now.
    Last edited by jrfaris; 01/18/2007 at 03:49 PM.
  10. wbwjr's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    Can you launch Nav 6 from either the basic palm launcher or the SD? Deleting Nav 5 files after install caused me to loose the internal icon but a soft reset brought it back so all is well now.
    Yes, you can launch with either icon
  11. #51  
    Well, now I'm confused again. I invite others to chime in on whether they kept or deleted TT5 when installing TT6, and how everything is working.
  12. king's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #52  
    I removed TT5 before adding TT6 and all works well -- after a soft reset to bring back the icon.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Well, now I'm confused again. I invite others to chime in on whether they kept or deleted TT5 when installing TT6, and how everything is working.
    I left TT5 installed, installed TT6 to card, and when I inserted the card into my Treo, I was prompted to replace the older version with the newer version. What is getting replaced is a small 57k start.prc. All is working well.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I left TT5 installed, installed TT6 to card, and when I inserted the card into my Treo, I was prompted to replace the older version with the newer version. What is getting replaced is a small 57k start.prc. All is working well.
    Just curious, did it overwrite your installed maps as well or did you remove those manually? Also, I'm getting a larger card and wonder if there will be any problems or special procedures when I transfer the program/maps to the new card. Has anyone done this after installing Nav6?
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    Just curious, did it overwrite your installed maps as well or did you remove those manually? Also, I'm getting a larger card and wonder if there will be any problems or special procedures when I transfer the program/maps to the new card. Has anyone done this after installing Nav6?
    It did overwrite the maps on my card. I had to choose the exact title. There were two of the south central with slightly different names. To be safe, I ended up deleted what was on the card and re-installing. The main reason was I decided to put the entire US maps instead of just the south central. I have a couple of trips to each end of the country in the next month so I decided to not have to switch maps.
  16. magic25's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #56  
    I have a Navigator 5 and cannot find the $50 upgrade to Navigator 6 on tomtom's site, is the offer gone now or am I looking in the wrong place?
  17. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #57  
    I think it expired March 1.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by magic25 View Post
    I have a Navigator 5 and cannot find the $50 upgrade to Navigator 6 on tomtom's site, is the offer gone now or am I looking in the wrong place?
    I believe it was to expire 3/31 but was entended to 4/15. Have you tried entering your product code on the map update page?
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/?Lid=4
  19. magic25's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #59  
    jrfaris, thanks, I entered my product code then the option to purchase the upgrade, "TT maps USA & Canada Upgrade 2006", showed up. I just purchased it for $49.95 plus $6.00 shipping via USPS Priority. The email I got back from Tomtom states 3-4 week delivery time, but others have received it earlier, I'll post here again once I receive it. Looks like you won't see the upgrade anywhere on the Tomotom site unless you enter your product code, that was my problem.
  20. magic25's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #60  
    I received my upgrade today, took 2 days to deliver (tomtom's email stated 3-4 WEEK delivery time!) and just installed it and used it in my car with my Treo 650, it works great! Navigator 6 is quite an upgrade from Navigator 5. For $50, it's a good deal to upgrade.
    Last edited by magic25; 04/12/2007 at 02:20 AM.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions