Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Hi,

Currently I have a Sprint 650 and a Verizon 700P Treo. I use a D-Link DBT-120 Rev. B4 USB Bluetooth adapter (default XP drivers) on my PC (XP Pro SP2) and haven't had any issues using it to Hotsync with my 650.

However, last night I tried to pair the 700P to my PC and I simply could not get it to work. The 700P detected the PC (nearby devices), but simply would not pair/connect with it. So I removed all BT virtual ports from my PC and removed all BT connections on both Treos. I then setup a new virtual port (e.g. COM3) and then checked Hotsync manager to make sure the ports matched. I also made sure to set the connection to LOCAL. I also rebooted both the PC and both Treos just in case as I know BT can be finicky. After all that I could still get the 650 to pair up just fine, but not the 700P! One final note - I'm able to transfer files over BT between both Treos.

Is it possible that the 700P simply does not "like" my BT adapter, while the 650 does? I'm thinking of picking up the Belkin F8T012V BT adapter to see if that helps as I'm not sure what else I can do.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by Peter; 12/27/2006 at 11:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    It is definitely possible the adapter and the Treo 700p don't like to play together. Have you checked your BT adapter's compatibility in Palm's website? If the adapter is listed in there then it could be a driver issue of sorts, since the BT stack in the 700p is slightly different than the one on the 650 I pressume.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Looks like the issue was in fact my USB D-Link BT 1.1 adapter. I received my Belkin F8T012v adapter (not listed as compatible with a Verizon 700P) in the mail today and using the included drivers I'm able to Hotsync my 700P without any issues.
    Last edited by Peter; 12/29/2006 at 10:11 PM.