1.    #1  
    I am on the road a lot, and want to set up my road system like this.

Treo 680 with Tom Tom 5, Pocket Tunes Delux, a Bluetooth head set, and a FM transmitter.

If I understand correctlly:
    1. Tom Tom and head set sould both work at the same time.
    2. Pocket Tunes will not play through the blutooth head set so it should still go through where I plug in the earphones. If I put a FM transmitter there it should play over my radio? Not only that, but when a phone call comes in it should pause Pocket Tunes?

Is there a problem with this set up?

SPG
    I tried it. It doesn't work. I am using essentially the same setup. I use Delorme Street Atlas 2007 with a Bluetooth GPS receiver, a Motorola HF 850 Car Kit, and Ptunes with an FM transmitter. I received a call and the music cut off, but the call did not come through to the bluetooth. The Treo thought it had a wired headset connected and tried routing the call throught the headset.

Solution:
    When phone rings, disconnect FM transmitter and wait, wait, wait, and then the bluetooth connects again.
    So, there's no way to over-ride a wired headset (or at least what it sees as a wired headset)? That seems odd to me... you would think that with a device like the treo that you could very conceivably have a set of headphones (or a transmitter) plugged into, there'd be a way to route the call the the bluetooth headset.

Has anyone else tried this?
    Same issue. If you have something plugged in to the headset jack, all calls are routed through that, not Bluetooth. It's like that by design, and was the same on my old 650.

The feasible solution that I'm waiting for is one using Seidio's multiconnector audio-out adapter to get the music out to an FM transmitter, and BT GPS and BT headset at the same time. They just need to make an adapter that you can plug a charger into, then I'm buying it in a heartbeat!
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Well, i think you'll be out of luck there... seidio's multiconnector can transfer audio because it's got a 2.5mm audio jack plugged in... so we'd run into the same problem.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the info.

I was just hoping.

SPG
    I hate to bring this thread up from the dead, but I was wondering the same thing. Is it possible to trick the Treo (650 or otherwise) that:

If Bluetooth On and Something Plugged In
    Then Audio go to headset jack and phone go to bluetooth

Surely there's got to be some Palm programmer out there who can do that If...Then statement. It's no fun (nor safe) to have to unplug then replug the audio adapter back in while driving so that I can continue to listen to mp3's after a phone call.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sisko View Post
    Surely there's got to be some Palm programmer out there who can do that If...Then statement. It's no fun (nor safe) to have to unplug then replug the audio adapter back in while driving so that I can continue to listen to mp3's after a phone call.
    Between this and the reliability issues with the 2.5mm jack at the bottom of my 680, I decided to listen to MP3s from another source and bought a standalone media player with an SD slot, so that the 4 Gb card I bought doesn't go to waste...
    http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/

This does allow you to switch from headphone jack to BT source....it is a bit irritating to use....I never have learned the magic sequence to get Treo to just connect to my BT headphones....

D
    I tried it and it didn't work.

Any good programmers out there know how to do this or can at least point me in the right direction?