Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    Have you tried KeyCaps? It does the same thing w/o YAHM...
    Thanks for the advice I installed it and because of slowness issues I went back to TreoKeyHack. Now I remember why i stopped using KeyCaps and switched to TreoKeyHack, the palminternal speed test with the former is 64s and with the latter is 9s.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Try the Keycaps written to avoid hede calls:
    http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm/
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Yeah, once you find the ones you want, delete the rest for sure. That also applies to icon sets. Lot's of wasted memory there.
    do you know if there is a way to view the fonts on your computer BEFORE you install them?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    The release version has jpegs of them and there are a couple of utilities that you can use to convert from Windows True Type to the Palm font, but frankly the representation is not that accurate. Ben
    FontSmoother is now up to 2.06 - http://zlthemes.com/ProductDetailListing.php?PID=79

Ben
    what's new?
    Treoing & Loving it
    Stability issues at hotsync time were addressed. Ben
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    I installed Font Smoother onto my TREO 650, and all the fonts that came with onto my SD card.
    I am presently using FONTS4OS5, and have a subfolder within the Palm directory for my fonts...
    My question is can I generate a folder in my Programs subdirectory within my Palm directory and move all the font files for FontsSmoother, like Fonts4OS5.
    When I change the fonts for Smoother will they move the fonts back and forth to and from the card???
    Thanks
    JW
    No. Fontsmoother does not support card operation/storage. You can manually move them back and forth if Fontsmoother is disabled.

Ben
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    What is the difference between Fonts4OS5 and Fonts Smoother?
    JW
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    What is the difference between Fonts4OS5 and Fonts Smoother?
    Is there any difference?
    Is that why no one responded to my question?

Thanks
    JW
    Basically Fonts4OS5 is no longer supported and some folks have had issues with it. It works fine for me though.
    Fonts4OS5 just provides fonts that you normally would not be able to use.. FontsSmoother does this, plus it does antialiasing on the fonts to make them look nicer.

It's something some people really like, some people really hate it. Same principal as ClearType in Windows.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Fonts4OS5 just provides fonts that you normally would not be able to use.. FontsSmoother does this, plus it does antialiasing on the fonts to make them look nicer.

It's something some people really like, some people really hate it. Same principal as ClearType in Windows.

Ok so can I use both or does one have to be deactivated for the other to work or not crash my TREO?
    I like being able to have my Fonts on my card and Fonts4OS5 moves the fonts to the card and then moves the one I choose to the ROM...
    Very nice feature.

I also like smoother looking fonts so I guess I need to know how to negotiate between the 2.

Thanks
    JW
    I doubt it moves them to the ROM.

But FontSmoother can move fonts too, I believe.. You don't need both, but both won't crash anything.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I doubt it moves them to the ROM.

But FontSmoother can move fonts too, I believe.. You don't need both, but both won't crash anything.

A earlier post stated that Fonts Smoother will not move fonts to or from the SD card.
    Are you staying they will?
    That is the only reason that I would continue with Fonts4OS5.
    Please advise

Thanks
    JW
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    A earlier post stated that Fonts Smoother will not move fonts to or from the SD card.
    Are you staying they will?
    That is the only reason that I would continue with Fonts4OS5.
    Please advise

Thanks
    I think the point is that you can move the fonts you aren't using to the card and only keep the ones you are using in RAM.
    You can physically move them; there is nothing in the options though to automagically move them back and forth.

Ben
    I just checked the prefs a third time - FontSmoother does not move them back and forth. Ben
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Ok so I can have Fonts4OS5 and Fonts Smoother active at the same time.
    Is it safe to assume that Fonts4OS5 will oversee the migration of the fonts, meaning it will only move the font that I am using at that time while moving all other unused fonts to the SD card or its folder.
    While Fonts Smoother will make the fonts more visually appealing?

I would like that the 2 would have major conflicts with each other.
    Well is this the way it will work?

Thanks
    JW
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast