Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Hey everyone, I've been watching these forums for a while now, posts and discussions that have taken place led me to consider a Treo 680 and today I took the plunge. Hopefully I won't be let down, lol. Just had a few questions. I'm an ex-Symbian OS user so I'm just wondering about the basics - themes, other customization like mp3 ring tones and any other useful apps. Links would be appreciated (if you guys want to). Thanks again!
    For ringtones the Handango site has a list of a few software apps for the 680...
    http://www.handango.com/SoftwareCata...94916939+94742
    Quote Originally Posted by DITTON View Post
    Hey everyone, I've been watching these forums for a while now, posts and discussions that have taken place led me to consider a Treo 680 and today I took the plunge. Hopefully I won't be let down, lol. Just had a few questions. I'm an ex-Symbian OS user so I'm just wondering about the basics - themes, other customization like mp3 ring tones and any other useful apps. Links would be appreciated (if you guys want to). Thanks again!
    I use a program called Ringo Pro for my ringtones. That allows me to put any MP3 file on my phone and use it for a tone. Also has some customizations for unique ringtones for differnt callers (both voice and SMS), and assigning pictures to them. Great program for the price.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Cool, does every program for Palm Treo's cost money? I'm still stuck in the free Symbian universe. Can you guys rec a good browser? Is Opera free for Treo? What about a good MSN Messenger program? Themes? Is it possible to change themes? Sorry for all the questions but I've got no clue when it comes to Treos.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Also, is there any way to close open applications in the back ground?
    Ditton,
    A great place to search for freeware is at www.palmgear.com I really like the "shareware" too and the abilty to do "trial" versions of most of these software programs is wonderful!

Between what users post here and the searchability on Palmgear, I have found MANY useful prgorams for my Treo! Now If I could just get the network issues solved.....
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    ey guys, do u have an NIV Bible and dictionary for the 680? Im a newbie and well, i dont really know what good softwares are available for the 680. and from what i understand, some applications for the 650 cannot yet be used in the 680
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PseriesFan View Post
    ey guys, do u have an NIV Bible and dictionary for the 680? Im a newbie and well, i dont really know what good softwares are available for the 680. and from what i understand, some applications for the 650 cannot yet be used in the 680
    G'day mate,

I'm using My Bible....which is available from:

http://www.laridian.com/palm/default.asp?ring=google29

You can download the demo with King james Version for free to try out....the NIV is also available (as are other translations)...but you have to pay for it as the NIV is a licensed text.

I've found My Bible works really well..I'm using version 3...they're up to 4 now..so probably has a few extra goodies!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PseriesFan View Post
    PseriesFan,

You can also check out BibleReader software at www.OliveTree.com. The BibleReader software is free, but the Bibles are from free to different cost ranges the different versions of the Bibles themselves.
    Also, is there any way to close open applications in the back ground?
    you don't Palm OS is not multitaking, so nothing runs in background (technically that is not entirely true, but for sake of simplicity let's leave it like that )
    The moment you switch to another application the current state of the actual application is saved and full context is switched to the new app.
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarr3 View Post
    PseriesFan,

You can also check out BibleReader software at www.OliveTree.com. The BibleReader software is free, but the Bibles are from free to different cost ranges the different versions of the Bibles themselves.
    thanks alot
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    you don't Palm OS is not multitaking, so nothing runs in background (technically that is not entirely true, but for sake of simplicity let's leave it like that )
    The moment you switch to another application the current state of the actual application is saved and full context is switched to the new app.
    Rhanks man, I was beginning to worry, I guess I'm too used to things being more complicated than they shud be...can you guys help me out with 2 more things? Does Grafitti Anywhere work for the 680? AND...How about a free MSN app?

Also, what are you guys using for browsing? Is there anything better than Blazer?
    i was able to download a Bible, but then when i installed it and then opened it, it said "error. you must have at least 1 Bible in your applications". Also the file that came along with the Bible, NIV.rar wouldnt install in the phone. what should i do?
    btw, do u guys know where i can get a free dictionary? thanks
    thanks. dis will work for the 680 right?
    Rhanks man, I was beginning to worry, I guess I'm too used to things being more complicated than they shud be...can you guys help me out with 2 more things? Does Grafitti Anywhere work for the 680? AND...How about a free MSN app?

Also, what are you guys using for browsing? Is there anything better than Blazer?

Grafitti Anywhere works on the treo. Although, you will probably never need to use it.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Coming from a T3, I am happy to announce I even rarely pull out the stylus anymore
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user