Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by labboypro View Post
    YGaPM...

Please translate
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Ok got my case and it was the proper case this time. So far so good, the case fits well. I will post again in a couple of weeks to report if this case breaks or not.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I spoke with Margaret on Thursday about my redesigned replacement case and was told it would ship next week. To my surprise, it arrived today and does in fact have the 'p' on the inside of the case.

Initial obversations is that it fits much better and feels great. It went on without much effort. I hope it holds up for the long run so we can put closure to this.

Thanks Seidio.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Seidio, My replacement case came in today with the "P" sticker on the inside. Everything is great so far! I even noticed on the packing list that the case had been tested and signed for by an individual before it was shipped. Thanks so much for your help. I hope this one will last a long time.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    My second case broke weeks ago. I'm not going through all that again. My Treo's just gonna have to stay naked, until another company puts out a nice case. I'm not ranting or complaining and if your case works, good for you. I'm just moving on. $30 is not worth this much aggravation. I'm not asking for my money back or for a third "fixed, this time we really got it right, case". I'm just going to spend my money elsewhere and suggest the same to all my non-treocentral friends who turn to me for gadget advice. See ya Seido, it hasn't really been a pleasure.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    Seidio, My replacement case came in today with the "P" sticker on the inside. Everything is great so far! I even noticed on the packing list that the case had been tested and signed for by an individual before it was shipped. Thanks so much for your help. I hope this one will last a long time.
    Good to hear. Please keep an eye on those clips and let us know if there are any other issues. This is actually one of my favorite products but has also been one of our most challenging. It is very difficult to produce something so precise and finding out that Palm built the 700p and 700wx larger than the 700w obviously didn't help anything!

Thanks
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    My second case broke weeks ago. I'm not going through all that again. My Treo's just gonna have to stay naked, until another company puts out a nice case. I'm not ranting or complaining and if your case works, good for you. I'm just moving on. $30 is not worth this much aggravation. I'm not asking for my money back or for a third "fixed, this time we really got it right, case". I'm just going to spend my money elsewhere and suggest the same to all my non-treocentral friends who turn to me for gadget advice. See ya Seido, it hasn't really been a pleasure.
    We apologize for all the problems you had. We would really like to get you a replacement case but it doesn't sound like you're interested. We build hundreds of innovative products for Treo...it's unfortunate that you and your friends will miss out on all of them because of the problems with this one. Again we apologize and wish you all the best.

Thanks
    I just now realized there was a Seidio rep at this site, and I hope you can help. I have copied an email that I sent to the rma@seidioonline.com.

Basically 2 rubberized cases have just broken in subtle ways, enough to keep them popping open.

I will start by saying I liked the look and feel of the case and have not, as of yet, asked for a refund even though neither has lasted a month.

I hope the "new case" has solved my problem, but I'm concerned because I'm very careful with my Treo...especially after the first one broke.

Forgive me for repeating, but the email below has the story, and the response time here seemed faster than my direct emails. Also I wondered if others had noted what I did.

Hello again,

I ordered the rubberized case in early November. It broke by late November. I called and emailed into the second week of December, and didn't receive my replacement till just before the Christmas holidays.

First of all I havent dropped it either the first time or now, it lives in my shirt pocket at work (I'm an ER doctor...it is treated gently, I love my Treo). It is never exposed to chemicals, temperature extremes, traume, children, or evil spirits. I have been exceptionally careful with it since the replacement.

Second: I love the case. It feels good in my hand, looks great on the phone (people comment enviously), so I really want this case to work, but the second one has given me doubt about the materials and durability of the case.

The replacement worked fine for a few weeks, then just after New Years I noticed it kept popping off easily. This didnt happen often, and would occur at wierd times, like when my fingers just bumped the case wrong, or just picking it up. I assumed I just hadnt snapped it tightly and would just resnap it. By the second week in Jaanuary, I noticed the case seemed to be not quite shut at the bottom right, but it still stayed on 98% of the time. I could see a little space in that corner that I couldnt in other areas. I wasnt sure if I remembered it being that way all the time, but just assumed it was since I could still get it to stay on almost all the time.

I even considered adding some glue of some sort, but figured I should ask you for a recomendation as I would have to get the case off for phone or battery service...so I lived with it for a while and just blamed it on my poor technique at closing it all the way.

I beilieved this until friday evening, 1/26/7. I was reading the paper. The Treo was sitting on a section of the paper on the couch next to me when I accidently hit it with my fingertips again. The Treo barely even moved, but the just case "popped" off. This time I looked very carelully and saw small pieces of case material that had broken off and fallen on the paper.

Prior to this I never saw any slivers of case material, probably since they are very small and had never fallen on a white surface before. I included the slivers I did find in the zip lock bag I will send you when instructed as to how.

I cannot get the case to stay on at all now. My first attempt to simply (and gently) replace it was when I noted a second sliver of material land on the paper (then I saw the first),

I will call also Seidio after I get off work Monday. I figured no one was there till then, but my wife said to email you now anyway.

I read on Treo Central's forum that there was a newer improved rubberized case...I dont know if that was fact or rumor, but if there is a less brittle version, please send that one.

I'm writing in such detail because I do like your product and hoped your designers or engineers were aware and had corrected this tendency of the brittle material to get what seem like "stress fractures" (to use a term from my work), where seemingly normal bone will develop hairline cracks from chronic non-traumatic use.

I truly do want it to work, but if this next replacement doesnt work, I would like a refund. Both the original and the replacement developed problems within 2-3 weeks of delivery.

I've tried many cases and yours is the best compromise of size, feel, functionality and looks. I cant see the point in the "skins" that look like fancy cellophane ( they may prevent scratches, but I dont care about scratches as much a a little protection from being shaken up if I dropped it). The leather ones are too bulky. I'll probably just live with the naked Treo...although it looked damn good in black and was definetely less slipery with the case.

Thank you,

Jeff Smith

PS - on Feb 5th I fly to Asia until Feb 25th, so I would ask you to please resopond today. I have until friday to send this one back, unless you rather I wait till I return.
    Last edited by jeffandpamsmith; 01/29/2007 at 04:09 PM.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffandpamsmith View Post
    I just now realized there was a Seidio rep at this site, and I hope you can help. I have copied an email that I sent to the rma@seidioonline.com...
    Jeff,

To speed things up please call Margaret at 832-204-1118. She is our Customer Service Manager and will be happy to help you. Let her know you're from Treo Central.

Thanks
    I'm on my third day with the new rubberized "p" case and am stoked. It fit perfectly and looks and feels great. I hope the clips hold and of course will post if they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipster View Post
    I'm on my third day with the new rubberized "p" case and am stoked. It fit perfectly and looks and feels great. I hope the clips hold and of course will post if they don't.
    I have both the 'revised' Crystal Case and the Rubberized case and neither one of them are holding up. The good news is that the tabs are definitely stronger or at least designed better. The problem is that the halves wont stay together. I guess Margaret will have to hear from me again...I may just want to switch out for a in-store credit. I want a regular holster or something...I believe in their products but this great design has been bested by the strength of the tabs. If they made a version like SPE Slip case, I would definitely buy one from Seidio versus SPE. Seidio, keep the innovative products coming!
    See, that's what worries me too. I never covered my 600. I started right out with this cover on my 700. Now that its broken again, I miss it (mainly the better grip and looks), but the weak points are at the clips and proved the undoing in both my cases. Has anyone had theirs for a year yet without breaking?

And what about using a bit of silicone sealant at the tabs? Just enough to keep it from popping off.

I agree, its not the case breaking, its that the halves just keep popping apart...which is not good anyway, but I could live with it if all I had to do was pop it back on. Trouble is, the tabs break enough that you cant even do that. In retrospect, the bottom right corner of mine was really not sealed from the first week or so, I just lived with it beacuse it mainly stayed put.

Wont stay at all now. Too bad, it really is a good design otherwise.

BTW - I did call and ask for Margaret today. Waited on hold for several minutes, then the Seidio rep came on and said Margaret would call me back. Haven't heard yet, and I work shifts...where cells dont work. I'll try tomorrow.
    My replacement does not have a "P" sticker on it. The fit doens't seem that much better then ther earlier ones..Not enought for me to say YES 100% new design.

I think I will measure the case (snapped together without the phone) and post the dims here. Maybe someone can verify this dim for me.

Cheers
    My fourth case just arrived and it had a P sticker inside. So I guess I finally have the 700p case I ordered several months ago. This one seems to fit better, with no pliers necessary to engage the clips. And Seidio threw in a free screen-protector! I am not giving up on Seidio, just a tad annoyed to be paying for the privilege of being a beta tester.
    Daddoo
    Palm Pilot 500-->M505-->T2-->E2--->700p
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    My replacement is holding up great! Very happy to have it back.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Question for those of you that have gotten replacement cases. Did you have to send your case back and go without while you waited for another one? If so, that really sucks. I got a Crystal Case (Smoke) and it doesn't fit 100% but at least it covers and protects. I called Cust Service and was told I HAVE to send it back first.......If I have to send it back then I have to go without for who knows how long until I get the replacement!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
    Question for those of you that have gotten replacement cases. Did you have to send your case back and go without while you waited for another one? If so, that really sucks. I got a Crystal Case (Smoke) and it doesn't fit 100% but at least it covers and protects. I called Cust Service and was told I HAVE to send it back first.......If I have to send it back then I have to go without for who knows how long until I get the replacement!!
    Yes, you have to wait. I bought the Rubberized version before I placed an RMA for my Crystal Clear case, but the shipping isnt bad...3-4 days maybe (varies by location, of course).
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i just got the rubberized case for my 680 and it is a perfect fit.
    morris stalk
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I got the slim case in and just can't get it to snap together. Can anyone give me any advise on how to get this thing to connect. I have read the instructions and still can't get it to work. Nice case, but I wish it worked. Could I have a defective one???
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi, I have been using a treo 650 for over a year and a half, obviously it has some scratches, which I don't like, can someone tel me where can i get a outer case from the phone it self?, i have already a body glove and lether case, so i just need the case for the phone itself, preferable black, i will really appreciate some help on this since a love my treo.

cristv77
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123