1.    #1  
    The whole take the battery out thing is kind of a pain especially if you have a case on. Is there any chance there will ever be a small software app that could do a soft reset or is the battery off the only way?
    Last edited by mceb; 12/26/2006 at 05:30 PM.
    There is, and someone will likely post it here. I personally use Initiate, which has a built in reset function.
    Launcher X has a soft reset
    ZLauncher, mReset etc...but in most cases when you need a soft reset the Treo is frozen anyway so an app won't help
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    What about CrashPro?
    www.79bmedia.com
    Not only resets for you, also will show you why?
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
    Oh, and I'll throw in the obligatory "Versamail" comment. :-)
    Soft Reset by RNS:: is a free little app to do this + has a few related options.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys I'll have a look at these
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    ZLauncher, mReset etc...but in most cases when you need a soft reset the Treo is frozen anyway so an app won't help
    Good point. Are there any apps. that can automatically reset the Treo even if it's frozen?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Good point. Are there any apps. that can automatically reset the Treo even if it's frozen?
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say no -- if the treo is frozen, it can't execute code, including reset requests. The button reset under the battery cover only works because it interrupts the power supply.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say no
    Never let it be said that KRamsauer doesn't take risks, nosiree bob.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    You don't need any kind of software to make palm (aka 680) reset (as long as the device is not FREEZE)

Simply go to hotsync screen, hold the up button (5-way navigator) then tap on the lower right corner.
    Where'd you find that trick? Never seen anyone mention it before but yeah it works
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    As stated above, CrashPro works even when the screen is frozen...its the only one that I know that does.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    You don't need any kind of software to make palm (aka 680) reset (as long as the device is not FREEZE)

Simply go to hotsync screen, hold the up button (5-way navigator) then tap on the lower right corner.
    Great tip thanks. Perfect place for after installing software