1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I just wish to inform you that today we released the updated version of RNS:: TopAreaCodes, which is now Treo 680 compatible. Visit www.ranosoft.net/treo/top-area-codes for more information.

Feel free to post comments about TopAreaCodes here...
    Last edited by RaNo; 04/09/2009 at 07:13 AM. Reason: TreoAreaCodes renamed to TopAreaCodes
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    For the USA, does it only display the State, or does it also display the City of the Area Code?

I use CityID and although it doesn't display Maps, it shows the CITY.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Wish it is WM5 compatible
    mmereos - It displays a map of the state, along with the name of the city for the area code (and exchange!).

Bill S

ps And it seems to be working just fine, so far, on my 680.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    For the USA, does it only display the State, or does it also display the City of the Area Code?

I use CityID and although it doesn't display Maps, it shows the CITY.
    Yes. TreoAreaCodes does what CityID does + it displays the map, flag, etc. related to that city or state (or country, if it's a call from/to abroad).
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I just tested it, and as cool as it seems I have a few suggestions that would make it better:
    1. Databases and program cannot reside on an SD card, although the TREO 680 has lots of free memory, people would rather put larger programs on their SD card.
    2. It's a pain to have to load all those databases
    3. The City Databases are not accurate. Example someone calling me from 214-766-xxxx area code is listed as Arlington, TX, when it's actually supposed to be Grand Prarie, TX.
    4. Could be my imagination, but it seems to have slowed down my Treo 680 after installing it.
    Last edited by mmereos; 01/01/2007 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    Wish it is WM5 compatible
    Treo 680's are cheap . You can give up on the failed experiment that is WM now .
    What is the cost in dollars for the purchased version..it says 10,00
    Thanks for your response..
  9.    #9  
    lrfhfs54, it is 10 EURO, which is about 15 US Dollars, and that's the amount that will be deducted from your card if you order TreoAreaCodes.

Thanks for your comments, mmereos. TreoAreaCodes should not slow down the system. There might be a slight delay before the map/flag is to be displayed, but nowhere else.
  10.    #10  
    BTW. mmereos, all but text databases might reside on an expantion card.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have bought TreoAreaCodes from pdassi.de on 12/31/06 but I never get the registration code. I got an email stating that I can contact customer service at http://pdassi.com/support/?lang=en but I can't reach it. It's just giving me my customer number, which is already listed on the email. Can someone help me?
    dominus vobiscum
  12.    #12  
    olentz, there are no registration codes for TreoAreaCodes. After you paid for the software you should have been given access to the full version file (on pdassi) that you should install over the trial version.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    RaNo, I sent you a PM regarding this matter. Hope you can help me..
    dominus vobiscum
  14.    #14  
    I got that message, and I replied. I hope my reply satisfies you
  15.    #15  
    FYI. TreoAreaCodes was recently renamed to TopAreaCodes.