1.    #1  
    Got this headset for my Treo 700p. Followed all the bluetooth threads and liked the reviews on it. I have no pairing issues, so far no dropped calls, and seems to connect pretty quickly. I can hear fine. The only problem is I am getting complaints as to how well people can hear me. Biggest complaint is a lot of background noise. I have only been using it for 1 day, so not much experience. I had been using a Motorola HS820 with fewer complaints. What are other's experiences with reception from the other end? Is my experience normal or could I have gotten a bad one?
    I have been using he JX10 for the last 4 months. I have gotten complaints when I use it in small rooms. For instance, if I use it in my home office, which is a small room, I have gotten complaints on a 'tinny' sound. Moving to any other room eliminates the complaint. It appears that the microphone is very sensitive and picks up background noises or echoes.

My biggest problem is that the JX10 hurts my ear after awhile. I can't seen to find a comfortable way to position it on my ear. Maybe my ears are too big!

Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    Got this headset for my Treo 700p. Followed all the bluetooth threads and liked the reviews on it. I have no pairing issues, so far no dropped calls, and seems to connect pretty quickly. I can hear fine. The only problem is I am getting complaints as to how well people can hear me. Biggest complaint is a lot of background noise. I have only been using it for 1 day, so not much experience. I had been using a Motorola HS820 with fewer complaints. What are other's experiences with reception from the other end? Is my experience normal or could I have gotten a bad one?
    Yes, the JX-10 tends to work flawlessly with the 700p... as I've posted in previous threads, the only problem with the headset itself (irrespective of the 700p or any other phone) is that it has a poor implementation of DSP for filtering out background noise.

As a result, it tends to be somewhat touch & go in how well people will be able to hear you when you are in a place with loud background noise. I've been using that earpeice for 6 months now, and I've yet to find another headset that works as well with the 700p, so I've kept coming back to it, even with that flaw.

For example, I've just tried the new Jawbone earpiece, which uses "military grade technology" to filter out background noise. Yes, the headset does exaxtly that, and yes, it works great with the 700p. But I'm sticking with my JX-10, because A) the Jawbone is friggin' huge & heavy on my ear B) the speaker on it is very poor and C) its yet another headset with a big flashing light on the exterior, making you look like a Borg when wearing.

As for improving the comfort of the JX-10, I stongly recommend you pick up a set of clear Jabra ear gels at your local Radio Shack -- they fit on the JX-10 perfectly, and they eliminate the need to wear the ear hook. Plus, the ear gel provides a more "fuller" sound into the ear, as well as eliminates (in my experience) the need to increase the default volume of the JX-10.
  4.    #4  
    I called Jabra TS. They thought it might be a fake based on the fact the carrying pouch has a draw string closure rather than a snap. I Googled for fakes and found some evidence that supports it. It was a gift someone bought off eBay. Bummer!
    I am sooo sorry to hear that! I have heard so many stories of people getting JX10 that they later find out to be fake. You can get one from TreoCentral if you want. But I would only get the silver one since the Black and Maroon (sp) ones are not actually sold in the US yet.. they are only sold (officially) in Europe. Take care
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Get the JX10 from costco. It's $99, and guaranteed not a fake. I got one, quality seems great, at least on par with my plantronics 640. I bought the jabra ear gels at radio shack for this too and it's very very comfortable.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I just got the JX-10. It is by far more comfortable than any headset I've tried. I forget I am wearing it half the time. I haven't had it long enough to comment on the audio quality on the other end of the call. I do know one person was having trouble hearing me but I was at a Christmas party that was pretty loud. I wouldn't expect any headset to be working well under those conditions.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Get the JX10 from costco. It's $99, and guaranteed not a fake. I got one, quality seems great, at least on par with my plantronics 640. I bought the jabra ear gels at radio shack for this too and it's very very comfortable.
    Is it guaranteed to not be a fake. Just went to there website, it said "This item is covered by Costco's guarantee to refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied. Costco's guarantee applies, even though this item may not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty, because Costco is not an "authorized" dealer of the merchandise."
    I was using the plantronics 640 and while being small, people on the other end complained of being able to hear me. I did not use the ear loop and so sometimes the mic would be pushed against my cheek. I have been hearing good things about the JX10 so thought I would try it. I wanted to share that buy.com has it for $84 and with the $20 off with Google checkout so for $64 it is hard to pass if looking for what appears to be a good BT headset for the 700P. BTW, I think you should support this site by purchasing items from their store, their prices are very fair but wanted to pass this deal on.
    I've gotten frequent complaints about sounding "tinny" and "like your in a tunnel" with the JX-10. These complaints went away when I started using the JX-10 without the earhook. My theory is that since the JX-10 is so small (i.e., the mic is so close to the speaker) the mic picks up the sound from the speaker when you use the earhook and that causes reverberation. When not using earhook and placing the speaker deeper in to the ear, the speaker is sealed and that prevents reverberation.
    Yeah, I forgot to add that the other reason I've stuck with my JX-10 over other headsets is the unparalleled comfort this headset provides when worn with a Jabra ear gel -- its so light weight, I sometimes forget I'm wearing it.

And like Merlyn_3D points out, Costco.com now sells it, which is where I try to buy all of my electronics, because of their peace-of-mind unlimited return policy.
    Not just Costco.com, but it's in the B&M stores as well. When you buy something at costco, you're pretty much assured that it's the real thing. The reason for this is that manufacturers have to avidly fight to get their products onto costco's shelves. Costco can thus be very picky about what it offers, and as a results, almost anything you buy from there is good quality or better, even their kirkland signature brand (which is really just a rebranded name brand).
    I like the Jabra, but unfortunately it is far from flawless... I generally use it at home since it is quiet there. I found it to be unusable in my car (people on the other end said I sounded like I was underwater). It has also developed a problem over time where if it is not fully charged (we are talking way before the headset warns you the battery is low), sometimes it will cause the phone to crash on an incoming call, or if I shut the headset down, the phone still thinks it's connected to it and will crash the next time I try to use it. Now initially, I thought this problem was with the phone, but I also have a AX2 Pro I use, and it has never caused these problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    I am sooo sorry to hear that! I have heard so many stories of people getting JX10 that they later find out to be fake. You can get one from TreoCentral if you want. But I would only get the silver one since the Black and Maroon (sp) ones are not actually sold in the US yet.. they are only sold (officially) in Europe. Take care
    i bought my black jx-10 from treocentral and it is just fine.
    my issues are the same as others above...walking on the street, some people have trouble hearing me. and when i leave a message for myself, i definitely sound like a man! (and i'm definitely not one.)
    ~bean

palm IIIxe, tungsten t, tx, and now...a treo 700P
    palm all the way.
    my biggest issue is finding a black or maroon one that will be "warranted" by jabra... it appears that even though the ones from Treocentral are legit, they are not officially sold in the US. Because of that, Jabra told me that if I had any problems with it, they would not be able to do anything about it. I have to wait until it is officially sold in the US
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  16.    #16  
    Bought a real JX10 from Costco. It works flawlessly as many have reported. It is amazing the difference from two devices that look almost identical. I got the fake as a gift which was bought on eBay. Jabra TS thought it was a fake based on the storage bag. Reported to seller that it was a fake. He has asked me to send it back (not acknowledging it to be fake). Said if he found a problem would refund the money. My Daughter has learned a lesson, "if it's too good to be true, it probably is."
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Well, if the drawstring bag indicates a fake, then I just bought two fakesv on ebay. Sadly, the fakes work flawlessly and it is the treo is causing the static as I have had the headsets hooked up to two different treo 650's and they work perfectly on one and total static on the other. Go figure.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p