1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a simplish GPS prc that supports bluetooth NMEA/GPS receivers and can put the longitude and latitude on the clipboard superquick? Would sure be nice.

You'd then just pop into GoogleMaps, paste and search for things.
    Not what you wanted, but I just enter the street address of a nearby building, or an intersection, or something similar to pin my location. Works great, and only takes a few seconds.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by thadkNULL View Post
    Does anyone know of a simplish GPS prc that supports bluetooth NMEA/GPS receivers and can put the longitude and latitude on the clipboard superquick? Would sure be nice.

You'd then just pop into GoogleMaps, paste and search for things.
    This would be great. The author of kwikmaps was looking into adding this enhancement to her program. If you have not tried Kwikmap then I suggest you check it out for googlemaps.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Not what you wanted, but I just enter the street address of a nearby building, or an intersection, or something similar to pin my location. Works great, and only takes a few seconds.
    Works pretty well until you find yourself in the boonies at night with hard to read and type intersection signs
  5.    #5  
    There is roughly an eight-click solution with cotoGPS, not bad at all. Less if you memorize menu options.

Start CotoGPS
    Option Menu/Marker or Fnc+M
    "New" button->"Here" button->"OK"->Send Menu/Marker to Clipboard or Fnc+C
    "Use" button->Option Menu/Exit or Fnc+X

Start Google Maps prc
    Google Maps menu -> Find Location... or Fnc+L
    Edit Menu->Paste or Fnc+P

I'd be interested if anyone finds something to beat it but I imagine they'll be hard pressed since cotoGPS kindly remembers the Bluetooth GPS device selection and doesn't make you scan and rechoose every time.
  6.    #6  
    Neat! it'll even beam tracks over bluetooth for conversion to Google Earth KML format with GPSBabel. I should have looked closer at this app yesterday. Here's the address: http://core.de/~coto/projects/cotogps/