1.    #1  
    Immediately after a Blazer crash the 700p has become unable to connect to the Network. After a soft reset the phone doesn't even attempt to log on like it used to and when I attempt to make a call it prompts with the "phone is off would you like to connect to the network message." If I answer Yes, it attempts to connect and hangs on the yellow Sprint Welcome screen. After a while it goes back into the phone app and shows a Searching for Network message in the upper left but never seems to get the connection. I asked other users in the area and the Sprint network seems to be running fine for them. Has anyone experienced this problem or have any ideas short of a hard reset?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!
  2.    #2  
    A hard reset did not help at all.
    I probably shouldn't say this but my guess is bricked.

I'd be online early at the Sprint store.

Good luck!! and Happy New Year.

David
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhbuckley View Post
    I probably shouldn't say this but my guess is bricked.

I'd be online early at the Sprint store.

Good luck!! and Happy New Year.

David
    I'm aftraid that you are right. Darned, I couldn't have taken more care of it. The Sprint Store is coming up next...

Resco Backup worked perfectly, and for a moment the Treo seemed to return to normal as it automatically attempted to connect, but eventually failed to do so. Of course, I tried without restoring anything, to no avail. This is my first real problem with the 700p. I hope the insurance covers it.
    Last edited by copernicus; 12/26/2006 at 10:04 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Well, before I went to the Sprint Store I noticed that the HSSN and several others pieces of info were missing from the Phone Info screens. The brick and morter Sprint Store confirmed that "a part of the bios had been wiped out somehow," and replaced the phone with a brand new one on the spot, no questions asked. Needles to say that I felt that I had been treated very well.

Further research on the subject leads me to believe a post by Jeff Gibson (iirc) where he suggested to someone with a similar problem that an eprom chip within the Treo had somehow possibly been damaged, and was unable to provide the key information that the Treo needed. I definitely had an HSSN there prior to the problem. I guess this could happen again, and that there is no way to lock in the HSSN and other relevant data.
    I had the exact same thing happen last night. While browsing the nfl site, my treo crashed. I did a soft reset and the phone stopped working in a fashion identical to the one which you discribed. Again a hard reset did not fix the problem. Resco backup worked prefectly. However, I am stuck without a phone. I called sprint and was able to switch service to my old treo 600. Unfortunately, I was not able to sync my contacts and calender to the 600 without causing a reset loop which a hard reset did fix.

Did you have to go to a sprint service store or can I just go to any sprint store.
  7.    #7  
    I went to a Sprint service store where they first checked it out a bit, so I think that a service store might be better. Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    My 700P did something like that about 2 weeks ago. It was in an endless loop showing the Access logo screen and the Palm logo. By holding the five way button up continuously, it stopped looping but the phone side was still down. It seemed to corrupt one of the primary files that the phone stores all it's provisioning settings in. Like Channel, Frequency and Sprint network settings. My only way out was to hard reset and restore all data from my desktop. Now its worked fine ever since.
    Last edited by flyin2low; 01/01/2007 at 07:08 PM.
  9.    #9  
    The hard reset did not work for me at all. I suspect that the a crash with an overloaded memory (excessive dbcache?) can blow away the HSSN and settings necessary for the phone to connect. The EPROM chip explanation is plausable, but the way I lost everything, directly after a Blazer crash, and after seeing the above post which mentions a similar crash related phone and network problem, makes me suspect that this is a not so uncommon bug in the phone which is likely to occur at any time. It can make one who has experienced the problem feel particularly vulnerable when using the 700p.

I was hoping for a way to lock these settings in a read only file, but am not sure what this would do to the system and am not even sure what file holds the relevant data. If anyone has any ideas or info it would certainly be appreciated.

P.S.
    Prior to this occuring I was living with a "stable" Treo and had not added a new program for well over a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyin2low View Post
    My 700P did something like that about 2 weeks ago. It was in an endless loop showing the Access logo screen and the Palm logo. By holding the five way button up continuously, it stopped looping but the phone side was still down. It seemed to corrupt one of the primary files that the phone stores all it's provisioning settings in. Like Channel, Frequency and Sprint network settings. My only way out was to hard reset and restore all data from my desktop. Now its worked fine ever since.
    my 6 month old sprint treo 700p just started rebooting continuously, hard reset no effect, naively did not think ins was needed since i take excel care of it, sprint is going to do me now.. anyone heard of this problem?