1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I just got this phone yesterday (early Xmas present) and I managed to Sync the device via Windows media player and imported some MP3 music files. Unfortunately, some of the files I attempted to import where wma as well.

These wma files seem to sync successfiully, and they decrease the amount of usable space on the device, however i can't for the life of me find where they are to delete them! I have gone so far as to download and install Filez to no effect.

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm down to about 1MB of free space on the device, and I've removed all of the MP3 files I had placed on it - only these unlocatable undeletable wma files are using the space...

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Why not just do a hard reset and start over?
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    Why not just do a hard reset and start over?
    actually a v. good suggestion if the machine really IS brand new
  4.    #4  
    That's a cop out. It sounds like the only solution is to upgrade ptunes, then delete the files via ptunes... As they are inaccessible otherwise.

In this case it seems I'm left with no choice but to reset the device and not do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejr View Post
    That's a cop out. It sounds like the only solution is to upgrade ptunes, then delete the files via ptunes... As they are inaccessible otherwise.

In this case it seems I'm left with no choice but to reset the device and not do it again.
    It's the most logical solution since your device is BRAND NEW. Are you storing this music on an SD card or to system memory? If you are storing it to system memory you may want to invest in a SD card as you will keep running out of space. Also with an SD card or a program like Card Reader you can browse the card directly from your pc just as you would your hard drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejr View Post
    Hi guys,

I just got this phone yesterday (early Xmas present) and I managed to Sync the device via Windows media player and imported some MP3 music files. Unfortunately, some of the files I attempted to import where wma as well.

These wma files seem to sync successfiully, and they decrease the amount of usable space on the device, however i can't for the life of me find where they are to delete them! I have gone so far as to download and install Filez to no effect.

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm down to about 1MB of free space on the device, and I've removed all of the MP3 files I had placed on it - only these unlocatable undeletable wma files are using the space...

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Get Resco Explorer.
    With it you can gain access to the internal "Builtin(A)" drive. The files should be under the submenu "Audio". From there you can delete.