1.    #1  
    I hope someone can help me out here. I recently purchased an enfora wi fi sled for my treo 650. I have the unlocked sim, gsm quad band model.
    Unfortunately I am in Japan at the moment, the only country other than south korea where the sim card system is not supported.
    O.k. I understand that my phone doesn't work here, no problem, I use it throughout the rest of the world.
    I figured though that wi fi should work since it's nothing to do with the phone correct?
    So I installed the sled, went out and found a few hot spots that i could connect with then followed Enfora's instructions "now that you are connected to a wi fi network, go to the main menu on your Treo. Click on your browser or e-mail application. The application will launch and allow you to retrieve e-mail or surf at high speed." All I want to do is surf the web but when i open "Blazer" on my treo (my browser?) All i keep getting is a message asking if I want to turn on my phone which of course I can't do being in Japan. Well I can turn it on but i can't get a connection. Which I don't see why i would need to access the web anyway..i mean laptops do it and they don't have phones.
    AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? The guy standing next to me with a portable playstation gets right on the web after making the same connection.
    Can anybody out there tell me what i need to do to get some use out of this thing?
    Thanks
    I don't have an Enfora sled, but I saw a Holiday Inn Express commercial last night.

It sounds like you still have your default web connection set to a GPRS connection. You'll probably need to change the default connection settings (but I'm not knowledgeable enough about that to try to tell you more than look in Preferences --> connection). Do you have the documentation for the sled with you? It should tell you how to do it there or maybe someone can walk you through it.

Wish I could be of more help...

Mals
    Last edited by Malstorme; 12/25/2006 at 02:56 PM.
    You need to turn the phone on before Blazer (or VersaMail or 4Cast ) will connect. Issue with those programs, not the sled. It won't use the GPRS or any cellular connection, and WILL use the sled.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the help but again no luck..(The reason I'm late in responding is that i've got to travel an hour and a half to get downtown Tokyo where I can find hot spots...anyway I did as suggested turned the phone on and it searched and of course then showed "no service" but I left it on..I managed to connect a couple of times with different networks but when I went to Blazer, it wouldn't respond, nothing no error messages or anything..I'm really lost as to what to do here. Any ideas
    Bad WiFi coverage? Did you upgrade to the latest versions of the firmware and drivers, if that's applicable?
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA