1.    #1  
    Hi all.

I've searched many threads on this topic and have not come up with an definite answer to if PXA clocker works on the 700p.

Some say yes and some are saying no.

Anyone using this program without issues on the 700p?

Thanks
    I tried using it on my 700p, all it did was crash it, no apparent speed increase
    garinballbarin
    It doesn't work right on the 700p from my experiences. After using it for a short while, my 700p went black and was unresponsive for about a minute. I uninstalled it after that.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. Are there any other overlclocking utilities that do work with no issues on the 700p? and How do they compare to PXA Clocker?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BentEcho View Post
    Thanks. Are there any other overlclocking utilities that do work with no issues on the 700p? and How do they compare to PXA Clocker?
    To my knowledge (as well as extensive 'testing') there is not a reliable overclocking utility for the 700P.

SMEGGIE
    The hardware will accept overclocking as seen on the nearly identical WM5 sibling the 700w/wx, but there is not reliable software to do it on the Palm OS side.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    It doesn't work right on the 700p from my experiences. After using it for a short while, my 700p went black and was unresponsive for about a minute. I uninstalled it after that.
    Mine did the same thing and I haven't used it since. It boosted speeds nicely, but if I have to take the battery out each time I want to use it....
  8.    #8  
    "PXA Clocker can be used with any PalmOS PDA based on Intel PXA25x/26x/27x processor family. The list of devices include Tungsten C, Tungsten T3, Tungsten T5, Tungsten E2, Zire 72, Zire 31, LifeDrive, TX, and many of Sony Clie devices (NX60, NX70V, NX73V, NX80V, NZ90, TG50). Treo 650/700p smartphones are also supported. "

hmmm... this isn't new I suppose?

http://www.vistabug.com/pxaclocker/
    It's supposedly supported the 700p for a while now. I downloaded the latest version from their website when it stated that and got that black screen/unresponsive issue.