Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    Little back ground info. I have combined a Palm Z22 and Motorola v710 into one device, a Treo 650. I had been researching this website while waiting for the Treo to arrive. Treo arrived, installed the new software, Hot-synced the Treo using my old user id. All my info imported to the Treo, and then it wouldn't sync. Crap. Well I searched this website for several hours looking for a resolution. Printed off some suggestions and went home to start trouble-shooting. First thing I tried was to plug the hot-sync cable into the other USB port and my Treo sync'd with no other problems!! Have sync'd several times since then perfectly. I want to thank everybody who has submitted solutions for hot sync issues. I noticed several solutions offered for each different problem. You guys seem truly sincere in helping us new Treo users and I appreciate it greatly. This is an awesome website and I'm glad I found it.
    Word to the wise.. Sync your PIM information but not your old applications to the the Treo. (You do this by re-naming the Backup folder for your ID on the PC, doing a hard reset and syncing).

Install the applications fresh, one by one, while using the Treo to check for incompatibilities.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Word to the wise.. Sync your PIM information
    What does PIM stand for?
    Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Memos
    --