1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I've been trying to help my dad sort out his versamail issues, but the treo screwed up and I had to hard reset the thing. Anyways, I've gotten most of his stuff back into the phone, but the problem is still the outlook calendar synchronization(I'm not sure if the contacts have broken too, but the calendar is obvious).

Right now the only entries in the treo calendar are just a single entry or 2. But the outlook calendar entries are a lot. I want all of those from the outlook calendar(outlook 2000) to go to the device, so I keep trying "desktop overwrites handheld", but its still no go. I've updated the latest outlook conduit, with no difference.

The hotsync log is:

Code:
    HotSync operation started for eddy on 12/24/06 13:22:13

OK Quick Install
    VersaMail
    - Sync configured to Do Nothing
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    Outlook Calendar
    - Desktop overwrite HH Sync
    OK Outlook Calendar
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Tasks
    -- Backing up MMIDCache7 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\eddy\Backup\MMIDCache7.PDB
    -- Backing up MultiMail Messages to C:\Program Files\palmOne\eddy\Backup\MultiMail_Messages.PDB
    -- Backing up midataidcache to C:\Program Files\palmOne\eddy\Backup\midataidcache.PDB
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\palmOne\eddy\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 12/24/06 13:22:42
    The log above seems to show that the hotsync knows that its "desktop overwrites handheld", but I wonder why it isn' working

I hope somebody will be able to help me with this, and I really need to get this fixed.

Thanks in advance

Kinson
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Well I know what I would do.

Copy all the backup files out of the Palm Folder. then past them to a new folder on the desktop. Delete all your back files. Hard reset. Resync and it will restore the factor settings and sync all the calendar info etc. Then resync your files.

Good luck
  3.    #3  
    Actually it crossed my mind a couple of times, except that I'm not sure how to backup the stuff from outlook(I know how to backup the stuff from Palm Desktop, but not outlook), and versamail was horrible to setup last time :s

Anyways, funnily enough, my dad noticed that the date on his treo was out of sync, so he put the correct date in, and the calendar is fine now...talk about him not being computer literate, lol

Anyways, thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Cheers, and merry xmas
    Kinson
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Outlook shouldn't need a backup, it should just save automatically, I have never backed up my outlook before I reset a treo. But if you want to you can go to File then Archive and archive everything to a back up .pst
  5.    #5  
    Lol, it never occured to me that I didn't need to backup :P But I'm usually much more comfortable when I have an actual backup file, just in case some random act of stupidity(read: accident ) happens, and the blank treo overwrites outlook(or something, I have a history of bad luck ).

Thanks for the tip though, I'll look out for that .pst file.

Cheers,
    Kinson
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    When you resync, and you are still worried, just change the outlook conduits in Hotsync manager to Desktop overwrites Handheld. This will force outlook to sync over the palm.
    There is a tool,which possible may it-read password outlook,can read pass from MS Outlook and save all configuration, that was successfully recovered, to a text file,read password Outlook consists in a possibility to read pass from MS Outlook and recover lost or forgotten passwords from files with *.pst extension, read encrypted Outlook passwords and open a password protected *.pst file,read Outlook password and make sure, that the program can really help you to recover your passwords.