1.    #1  
    1st let me say that I am NOT asking about loading songs purchased from iTunes store I am using iTunes application as a way to organize all the mp3 and follow the podcast. And yes I am a newie on iTunes.

Since it's the long weekend I decided to found a solution to move mp3 off my iTunes playlist into my Treo! after search TC and google I found two "free" ways to do this.

iTunes Agents open source need .net framework installed
    Review: http://www.mydigitallife.us/2006/06/itunes_agent.html (include slides of screen shoots.

Mass-Storage-Synchronizer post http://www.1src.com/forums/showthrea...hreadid=107627

If you read the report you'll found the pro/con, but I am just listing how both function.
    1) both need your treo to somehow act like a USB storage device.
    2) both parse the "playlist" delete the files in your treo's audio folder and than move the song file to the audio folder

I really wish there is an option to NOT to delete my the files in my audio folder before it copy the mp3. It does this EVERYTIME. So let's say if I got a new song from my friend (BT or download), by running either Plug-in I will ... losse my new mp3 that is not in my iTunes's playlist.

I was able to modify MassStorSynTreo.bat so it doesn't remove the file in the Treo folder

erase devicelist.txt >nul 2>&1
    erase playlist.txt >nul 2>&1
    call rmvlist.bat
    but i really love iTunes Agent, which allow you to the itunes folder structures and select different playlist... I have sent the author email and hope he can give an option to not clear the folder before copying from iTunes.... maybe it's a design decision

if anyone know other ways to do this please share. I guess i can always just copy the song I want... but the nice thing about playlist and podcast update in iTunes makes it's pretty easy to use. Bad Apple!

happy holiday and new year!
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
  2.    #2  
    I guess Palm OS Multimedia doesn't get as much traffic as other main thread.
    But here is what I did to resolve the "podcast" part of my quest.

I found http://juicereceiver.sourceforge.net/index.php which works with win, mac, and linux (that should cover most of the ppl). and I edit my DOS batch file script so I can xcopy it to my Treo's \Audio\Podcast\ (it's usually "F" drive for me).

but if someone was to found this thread and know a better solution please share.
    For Podcasts I use the MyPodder software and the PodCastReady site. The software resides on my SD card and can be run via a card reader or with card reader palm software that turns your palm into a disk drive. No software on the computer required.
    Try it at http://www.podcastready.com/index.php
    I am a podcast ready user as well. I have the Sandisk UltraIIPlusUSB cards (they are SD cards with usb built in. They are great. Plug them into any usb slot....

Dustin
  5.    #5  
    this weekend I'll test out podcast ready... and I add my own feed or I must select the channel from their site? remind me of Avant for news.

also I notice this http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&postcount=19 I don't mind itune if I can quickly drag it over to my Treo (using Card Reader from mobile-stream) that would be nice. currently the scripting seems to work okay... didn't care for the folder layout of iTunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2 View Post
    1) both need your treo to somehow act like a USB storage device.
    Thanks for the info. How do I make my Treo a USB storage device. I setup the software but I can't figure out how I can make it recognize my Treo with SDcard installed.

Thanks.
  7.    #7  
    Hi PacketPuppy,
    there are two product out there (that I know of) that one I use is called CardReader by Mobil-Stream.com another is CardII(??) , another way is to buy a SD card reader from bestbuy and insert your SD card.
  8.    #8  
    after trying out podcastReady I must say it's a great idea!! Basiclly the app. runs off the "USB" storage. But it does eat up 19 MB ( that is about 4 songs?).

I actually like the iTune that can schedule update rrs and I run my dos script to copy onto my treo. A "lighter" version for podcast only checkout Juice (link post above and it's Open Source) also have schedule function and have Advenced feature for power user to run a command after each download.

Here is my setup with Juice.
    Schedule to check for new podcast 1am and before I leave I just enable the CardReader and click on the batch file.

Just create a bat file, like MovePocast.bat and insert the following code into it. by the way, you'll have to change path to reflect your setting.
    @echo off
    echo "copying to Treo
    set MSDPath=None
    set MSDTreo=:\Audio\Podcast\

if exist "H%MSDTreo%" set MSDPath=H%MSDTreo%

if NOT "%MSDPath%"=="None" GOTO Sync
    GOTO EXit

:Sync
    echo "*"
    echo "** Start Copying **
    echo %MSDPath%

xcopy /D /F /S /Y D:\Podcast\*.mp3 %MSDPath%

if NOT %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 1 goto EXIT
    echo Error Message %ERRORLEVEL%
    GOTO EXit

:Exit
    set MSDTreo=:\Audio\Podcast\ the location of where to place mp3 on Treo
    if exist "H%MSDTreo%" set MSDPath=H%MSDTreo%
    : My Treo is always "H" drive so I hardcode it that way.
    xcopy /D /F /S /Y D:\Podcast\*.mp3 %MSDPath% standard way of using xcopy

hth, if you know how to make this script better please share!!
    Last edited by justdoit2; 02/01/2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: add quote + explain a little about the script.